Anybody else struggle from 15.00

Options
Hi all
From 15.00 onward I crave junk. I don't give in but this is always my time I feel tired, stressed and wanting something in my mouth. Not going to give in, not going to give in.
Anybody else feel like this ? if so how do you get round it x

Replies

• jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk for work. When I feel like I want a snack but have already eaten my snacks for the day, I'll get up and take a quick 5-10 minute walk and then get back to work. Usually works pretty well. Or chew gum, or drink water if I can't get up.
  • Aliteralballofsunshine
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I try to chew gum. It gives my mouth something to do without actually consuming a bunch of calories. If my stomach is causing the issue, I will get up and walk to go get water.
  • nycalling6192
    nycalling6192 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you mean 1500 or 3 PM, and what I usually do is chug a LOT of water. I've read that most times you think you're hungry can be attributed to a need to hydrate. 1500 to 1700 is tough for me as well, even with the water, but I find that by forcing myself to drink, say, three to four cups helps a little.

If I'm truly, truly starving and even the water wont' help, I get a small bag of fat free chips. They're under 200 calories and not that bad.
  • crazycat1977
    crazycat1977 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, will try the water and I stocked up on pickles as they are fat free, low cals and carbs. Can munch on them without feeling guilty. Glad I'm not the only one.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    tic tacs and sugar free gum help me.
  • crazycat1977
    Options
    Think I will get some gum tomorrow, anything is worth a try. Thank you :)
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I go for an unsweetened iced tea to get in some more water and feel a little like a treat (more so than water, anyway). sometimes I save a little piece of my lunch for later too.
  • NOLAKT
    NOLAKT Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I get the same feeling around that time. I go for hot tea or some raw carrots if I'm craving a crunch.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like to have one square of 86% cacao dark chocolate. It's very satisfying, only 60 calories, and is the perfect antidote for cravings.
  • crazycat1977
    Options
    Oh I have a bar of Lindt 85% in the cupboard. Good idea :)