Smoke Free 5 Years

Options
It has been 5 years since I threw away the cigarettes for good cold turkey as they say! It is a wonderful feeling to know I have accomplished this goal. I hope to achieve many more this year! Good luck to everyone. We can do this! Rah Rah Rah!

Replies

• LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful!!!! Congrats to you!!!
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a tough one!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Not sure exactly but the last time I quit was about 11 years ago. Ironically I was just thinking about it this morning. To those that are trying, just keep trying. I quit 4 times before I quit quitting. Best thing I ever did for myself. Especially if you are also battling a weight/health issue.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    shadowloss wrote: »
    Not sure exactly but the last time I quit was about 11 years ago. Ironically I was just thinking about it this morning. To those that are trying, just keep trying. I quit 4 times before I quit quitting. Best thing I ever did for myself. Especially if you are also battling a weight/health issue.

I agree. And the same advice goes for losing weight. Every time you quit you get a little bit better at it - and every time you try to change any other habits you learn what works and what doesn't.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Love a smoke when drinking.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Love a smoke when drinking.

I know a lot of people that do... but that's not so supportive when someone is trying to quit!!

@IWTBFCIN3, kudos to you. I am not a smoker, but know many people who are and who have quit. Keep fighting on. You can do this!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3 wrote: »
    It has been 5 years since I threw away the cigarettes for good cold turkey as they say! It is a wonderful feeling to know I have accomplished this goal. I hope to achieve many more this year! Good luck to everyone. We can do this! Rah Rah Rah!

Groovy! I am right behind you with 4.5 years. I celebrate 5 years at the end of May.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!