Ideas for exercise

Options
I work from home and have 3 kids. I've been trying to find ways to get more exercise. I work full time, so 8 hours a day. I've tried fitness dvd's but I can't find any I really like. I do all of the yardwork outside, even mowing the grass (my husband loves this lol). Any ideas would be helpful :) thanks

Replies

• beth651
    beth651 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I really feel like I get a workout from Tae Bo and Turbo Jam and to me they are both fun to do.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    take the kids for a walk? or take them to the park and do laps while they play? Don't know how old they are....

as to dvd's I have a variety, real time savers when I can't get to the gym. Don't love 'em all, but they do the job.....the ones I do like involve Jillian Michaels, mostly.

if you like dance/shake it, try zumba or turbo jam.

do you have a wii or xbox? I love playing the wii fit.

take the stairs.

search youtube for more fitness videos and ideas.

Just some thoughts.....you can do this!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    What type of DVD's have you tried? I like Turbo Fire cause it's really an active workout and Chalene Johnson makes it feel like she is right there in the room with you.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If you have the $ for the setup costs - XBox Kinect - I love it - it's fun & versatile & fun LOL

Check my post on this thread for more detail if you think it might appeal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/280722-starting-to-get-bored-with-my-workout
  • magickclaire
    Options
    I picked this up in GAME a few years ago for a fiver:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/PC-Fitness-Your-Personal-Trainer/dp/B001I91UTM

It's really good! you can do as much as you want, when you want, pop it in your Laptop and go : )

It's got stuff from Yoga, Pilates, Cardio.etc it's not too complicated to begin with and will build you up, I really recommend it : )
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I second Turbo Fire. I really like it. I get up at 5:30am in order to get my workouts in before the kids get up. Today I didn't but I'm going to try to do it while the baby naps since I'm not working today....
  • dstackable
    dstackable Posts: 48
    Options
    wow, thanks. We have a wii. I've been trying to get games for it. I used to do Tae Bo and loved it. I'm going to check into some of the other ideas. The kids are 12, 7 and 6. I try to walk everyday, but would like more a workout. Thanks for the ideas :)
  • dstackable
    dstackable Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I ordered the Turbo Jam and Dance workout. I'll post how it goes :)