Need some advice

I have recently lost about 45 pounds. I have done this walking and riding my bike. I recently had to start babysitting and while this wasn't a problem during the fall it is now with two feet of snow on the ground. I need some ideas on how to continue my fitness and weightloss journey at home with no money just a hair under 400 pounds and with bad knees and wrists.

Replies

• worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    edited January 2017
    Use a stationary exercise bike. Set the resistance to low. This will let you get a cardio workout without putting as much strain on your joints. It you set it up in front of the TV it can help keep your mind off the fatigue from the exercise.
  • LilMedusa
    LilMedusa Posts: 5 Member
    Have you tried walking workout videos on YouTube? Leslie Santone and Jessica Smith both have good ones that vary in length and intensity.

I have used them in the office before and they are usually a decent workout. Low impact and able to be done in a fairly small space. Good luck and don't lose that motivation!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Second on Leslie Sansone or similar. I favor an elliptical but since you enjoy biking, that's fine too. Whichever equipment you might get, be sure to get one that's rated for your weight. A lot of equipment is rated for only 250# or so. Higher rated ones are harder to find and a little more $ but definitely worth it. If it wobbles you won't enjoy using it and if you use it much, it will eventually break.