Batman Returns

Options
OGJake12
OGJake12 Posts: 181 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
Good Day, MF PEEPS!

Hey there. I'm Jake and I am a former MFP stud from about a year and a half ago by losing over 50 pounds. I have, since, maintained my weight (for the most part); but since the holidays, I've been seeing the scale start to move in the opposite direction, I decided its time to stop that *kitten* before it starts.

Upon my return to MFP, I noticed that my feed looks much more like a ghost town than I remember it lol. Many of my old buddies have either succeeded and moved onto other things, or have fallen off the wagon. One of the biggest things that helped fuel the most successful approach to my weight in my life were my fitpals!

So here I am. Asking for more of you. I need friends who will help check up on me, help encourage me, and help motivate me. Not to mention, sometimes its really nice to just talk to people who are going through the same thing.

My goals this time around are:
1. Lose 20 additional pounds
2. Form a habit of making it to the gym regularly
3. Build a solid base of lean muscle mass on my body.

In case you wanted to know more about me:
1. Basketball. Basketball. Basketball. Any way and every way. I coach, watch, play, and officiate hoops.
2. I have 2 hairy children (dogs).
3. I work in the heart of Downtown Denver, and I find peace by going on lunchtime walks to take street photos and adding them to my Insta... Yeah I guess I'm a 'Grammer.
4. Math major for my second bachelor's degree (that should weed out some of you lol)
5. Hip Hop music aficionado. All the eras.
6. Sneakerholic. I have 60 pairs of collectable sneakers.

Hit me up if you're a good fit peep. Add me.

Replies

• OGJake12
    Options
    *Ahem* :)
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Hi! Adding you purely for your maths and your shoes lol.
    Secretly you seem pretty cool as well.
  • OGJake12
    Options
    Lol. Well that's not a secret anymore.

Very nice of you to say. Thank you. :smiley:
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sending an add!
    Math geeks unite lol!
  • OGJake12
    Options
    201608_1946_aidgb_sm.png
  • OGJake12
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the adds, all!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    gangsta, son
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sent FR. I'm in a similar situation, lost some weight on MFP. Gained a little back. Had a Coyote jump in front of my motorcycle in SW Colorado and life flighted to Pueblo for 8 day vacation. Lost the weight due to complication in Hospital and quickly gained it back. It's been a rollercoaster of a ride, but I'm back to working towards my original goals.

Hitting the gym regularly but feeling like I'm 90 years old due to lingering effects of the accident. Every step on the treadmill or push/pull of the weights is painful, but I'm doing what I can.

I know this process works, but it's 90% mental and I could use any support I can get and willing to give it back. I check in regularly.
  • OGJake12
    Options
    shadowloss wrote: »
    Sent FR. I'm in a similar situation, lost some weight on MFP. Gained a little back. Had a Coyote jump in front of my motorcycle in SW Colorado and life flighted to Pueblo for 8 day vacation. Lost the weight due to complication in Hospital and quickly gained it back. It's been a rollercoaster of a ride, but I'm back to working towards my original goals.

Hitting the gym regularly but feeling like I'm 90 years old due to lingering effects of the accident. Every step on the treadmill or push/pull of the weights is painful, but I'm doing what I can.

I know this process works, but it's 90% mental and I could use any support I can get and willing to give it back. I check in regularly.

Got you added.

How long ago did the accident happen?
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    The accident happened on 5/16/2016. I was riding with some buddies in Southern Colorado when a Coyote jumped out in front of me. We were in such a remote location that 2 native americans that happened to be working on their cabin came over to see what was going on, then drove me to the Emergency room. From there they life flighted me to Pueblo. All of injuries were internal thanks to protective gear, but I can still feel where I slammed the pavement and when I work out, it reminds me.

Like everything else in life, things happen for a reason. Like everything else in life with persistence and hard work I will get over it. It's just going to make one of the most fasinating chapters when someone writes my life store. Of course it will be a "short story".

• OGJake12
    Options
    shadowloss wrote: »
    The accident happened on 5/16/2016. I was riding with some buddies in Southern Colorado when a Coyote jumped out in front of me. We were in such a remote location that 2 native americans that happened to be working on their cabin came over to see what was going on, then drove me to the Emergency room. From there they life flighted me to Pueblo. All of injuries were internal thanks to protective gear, but I can still feel where I slammed the pavement and when I work out, it reminds me.

Like everything else in life, things happen for a reason. Like everything else in life with persistence and hard work I will get over it. It's just going to make one of the most fasinating chapters when someone writes my life store. Of course it will be a "short story".

Yeah that makes for a very intriguing story. Its inspiring that you've made such a positive response to such a brutal situation. Definitely have plenty of things to be thankful for... such as the two guys who happened to be nearby (and willing to help) in such a remote location. Glad we could become friends.