Fitbit steps and workout logging?

I am starting the C25k program and although my steps sync automatically should I also be logging the workout? Anyone have experience with this?

Replies

• worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    It looks like a running program so your fitbit should track it very well for you. It you enter a separate log for it in MFP it will show double the amount of calories you actually burned.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    It looks like a running program so your fitbit should track it very well for you. It you enter a separate log for it in MFP it will show double the amount of calories you actually burned.
    Not true. If you log the workout with the correct stop and start time on mfp it will deduct the Fitbit calories earned during that time.
    However- seeing as C25k is a run/walk programme it is hard to log on mfp. You could log it as slow running but that would give an overestimate of calories. Until you are running continuously (or for the most part of the 5k) I would just use the Fitbit step count but feel good in yourself that you will have burnt a few extra calories. Good luck with your running.
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member
    Would you apply the same principle for a Zumba workout? My step total for the 60 minute Zumba class was 3632,
  • SandraKay79
    SandraKay79 Posts: 7 Member
    It looks like MFP synced with the fitbit and the C25k app and it gave me a small burn for the running and then the regular increase for the extra steps.