over 50 here

Options
machete66
machete66 Posts: 26 Member
Hello looking to lose weight and get into a better 50 yr old shape and meet people with the same goals and support. Does not matter if you want to lose 5lbs or 100 plus

Replies

• id9499
    id9499 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, just turned 50, started today and have 60lb to lose
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and have been working on this for about 3 weeks. Want to lose 60 pounds in a year. 8 down so far.

You don't look 58!
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    55 here with 30 or so pounds to go. I just joined the gym to build muscle and tone along the way.
  • pj4437
    pj4437 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    51 in February and I want to lose at least 20 for a start. I need to lose 50, but if I look at that big number every day I will get discouraged. I figured adding a smaller amount will motivate me to lose more once I reach that! I also have type 2 diabetes, and I have friends that are starting to have health problems because theirs is is not managed.
  • ruch5tami
    ruch5tami Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    57 years old. Recently had WLS. Loving my new tool. Now to get fit!
  • LewJoe57
    LewJoe57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    59 years old and 79 pounds to lose. So many pounds, so little time… :s
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    LewJoe57 wrote: »
    59 years old and 79 pounds to lose. So many pounds, so little time… :s

You'll drop the weight before you know it and find out you have a whole new lease on life. You can do this:)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    Guess I'm the oldest
    At 62 now ( but not in my mind). Need to drop 25 lbs to get back to where I
    was a few years ago. Still feel great and very active.

Nope, looks like I'm the oldest at 66. I've been here a little over 3 years and spent last year maintaining a 65 lb weight loss and decided this year to go for another 8 lb loss.

Good luck to all of you! Stay determined and consistent but be patient as well. It works if you work at it!

• rpinsonell
    rpinsonell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and starting over again. I looked at my stats from 2011. If only I still only weighed what I did when I thought I was so big then! Never too late to start again!
  • machete66
    Options
    hello everone
  • machete66
    Options
    50 and up lets do this i knocked out 30 pushups unfortunately took almost one min 1st goal 50 in a minute or less
  • machete66
    Options
    @cabwj awesome
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    54, 86 pounds lost in the past year, with about 25 remaining to lose. My doctor wants me to lose 5. My wife wants me to stop losing at 15. I want to lose 25.