Averaging one pound weight loss per week

Options
1240 cal def and working out 5 days a week burning around 300-400 each work out. I needs tips on upping that to around 2 or 3 pounds a week. Im okay with 2. I usually do cardio like cycle, stairmaster and weight resistance.

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? Is 2lb too aggressive for you?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If your profile pic is current more than a lb a week just probably isn't a realistic goal. You need to have a lot more weight to lose to be able to create that big of deficit.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    One could look to lose around 1% of their bodyweight a week.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It's not going to happen.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I needs tips on upping that to around 2 or 3 pounds a week. Im okay with 2.

Why do you need to lose more than one pound a week?

• rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? Is 2lb too aggressive for you?

Total 65. Ive lost 13 so far. Sw 207 cw 194
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    If your profile pic is current more than a lb a week just probably isn't a realistic goal. You need to have a lot more weight to lose to be able to create that big of deficit.

65 pounds of fat is alot.sw 207 cw 194. Started 11/25/16
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    oneoddsock wrote: »

Because i have alot of fat to lose.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

You could be putting your health in jeopardy.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing very well with your current deficit--I see no reason why you'd want to change it now, especially if it is sustainable for you.

Is your profile picture recent? If it is, you carry your weight very well!
  • rikkejanell2014
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    You seem to be doing very well with your current deficit--I see no reason why you'd want to change it now, especially if it is sustainable for you.

Is your profile picture recent? If it is, you carry your weight very well!

Yes very recent. Like 2 weeks ago.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It's not going to happen.

Amputation ..lol..

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I was a bit confused by your post, but I'm assuming what you meant is MFP gives you 1240 calories a day to lose a pound a week?

Yeah, if that's the case it is not possible to further restrict and lose weight any quicker. 1200 calories is the minimum suggested calorie intake for a woman.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Aggressive weight loss will make it harder for you to maintain your muscle, let alone gain some like you previously indicated. I would personally try and sit down to figure out what you are actually looking for in a body and what your actual goals are.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

It's all relative...you don't have enough fat to lose to go faster as evidenced by the fact that you're already at the floor calorie wise and exercising and losing 1 Lb per week.

1 Lb per week is solid...you don't have realistic expectations.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLHi48z-3ys5ObamBAIZYFfE8ltns2-LbZCdTmDsHgRJOgR92oNy9uE627
  • FocusOnFuture
    FocusOnFuture Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also remember. U might not be seeing weight loss on the scale bc with all that working out you r gaining muscle. I know it sucks to see 1 pound loss per week but if it makes u feel any better 1 pound of fat loss per week is better than losing 1 pound of muscle and 1 pound of fat...bc then u r deceiving yourself when u get on the scale.

Also maybe your body needs to recover and it could be a cortisol issue.
    Maybe cut back a day of exercise or add a day to just stretch & do relaxing things like go for a walk. Stress makes us hold onto fat. Taking time to relax might be the next thing for you. Listen to self help like louise hay on youtube and just clear your mind of negative thoughts or stresses from the day and breath deep.
    Also it might help to eat more foods that take more energy to digest than they hold. Like celery..it takes more calories to burn it than it actually has.
    I know your frustration. Hope that helps a bit.
    Also the biggest thing is this...know your worth isnt determined by the scale.
    Keep investing in yourself and know you are getting stronger and healthier everyday.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Also remember. U might not be seeing weight loss on the scale bc with all that working out you r gaining muscle. I know it sucks to see 1 pound loss per week but if it makes u feel any better 1 pound of fat loss per week is better than losing 1 pound of muscle and 1 pound of fat...bc then u r deceiving yourself when u get on the scale.

Also maybe your body needs to recover and it could be a cortisol issue.
    Maybe cut back a day of exercise or add a day to just stretch & do relaxing things like go for a walk. Stress makes us hold onto fat. Taking time to relax might be the next thing for you. Listen to self help like louise hay on youtube and just clear your mind of negative thoughts or stresses from the day and breath deep.
    Also it might help to eat more foods that take more energy to digest than they hold. Like celery..it takes more calories to burn it than it actually has.
    I know your frustration. Hope that helps a bit.
    Also the biggest thing is this...know your worth isnt determined by the scale.
    Keep investing in yourself and know you are getting stronger and healthier everyday.

1) She's not gaining any appreciable muscle in a deficit. Definitely not enough to mask fat loss.

2) There is no such thing as "foods that take more energy to digest than they hold". Google TEF (Thermic Effect of Food) to understand why this is a myth and physically impossible.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    2) There is no such thing as "foods that take more energy to digest than they hold". Google TEF (Thermic Effect of Food) to understand why this is a myth and physically impossible.

The complete list of negative calorie foods.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/negative-calorie-foods/