Challenging Choices at the Burger Joint

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would have a burger...like a regular burger...I don't find there to be anything inherently unhealthy about a burger.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    NOLAKT wrote: »
    I'm going to dinner tonight with the family to a place that serves mainly burgers. My healthy options when looking at the menu are only a veggie burger or chili, or a grilled swiss cheese sandwich (which is probably coated in butter, so probably not actually healthy). Which would you choose?

Burger. No mayo, no cheese, no bacon. Fat is very calorie dense so leave that off. If you're really motivated get a side salad instead of fries.

If you look at the menu posted above, you'll see that a side salad isn't an option (although someone did make the good suggestion for OP to ask if she could have extra topping vegetables to bulk up her burger).
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I might have a burger in a lettuce wrap, that often saves around 200 calories.
  • atowinram
    atowinram Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to do the "no bun" thing, ask for the cheese on the bottom, lose the top half of the bun, cut the burger in half, flip one half on the other, and create a double decker! :-)
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Personally I would just get a fairly simple burger and enjoy it, especially if it's a one off treat that you don't do very often. Maybe just do an extra workout or eat a little less the next day to balance out. That might be just me though I find if I completely deprive myself I end up caving more in the long run.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great choice.
  • CarboShannon
    CarboShannon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nice!! I'm a fat vegetarian trust me the veggie burgers have the same calories as a meat burger. You did good, I like that you planned ahead of time, makes it so much easier right?