Feeling discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, good hearing all your experience and advice.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if its important to you, you take the 5 minutes a day to log your calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is all about eating less than you burn. If you can do that without logging/counting, do that. If you can eat every dang meal without overeating, do that. If you overeat for every dang meal, weighing and logging can be the pause you need to not overeat.

Be fully aware that sweet stuff tastes good, it just does, there is nothing wrong with you for liking sweets. Cravings tend to lessen when you're busy with doing things, when you are well nourished, when you are eating food you like, when you aren't surrounded with what you struggle to moderate. Not thnking about foods as bad/addictive also helps.

Weigh fluctuates and if you have just started exercising, your body will retain water for muscle repair. You may not see a change in weight until you've been eating at a deficit for a month.

All-or-nothing-thinking takes you nowhere good. You can't excersise off your excess weight. It comes off slowly, through a consistent calorie deficit, that has to be so mild that you can sustain it. If you are ready to throw in the towel one week in, you're not going to succeed.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,459 Member
    Options
    Well done, both - you're a great example of stick-to-it-ive-ness!
  • hear2stay
    hear2stay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I haven't been at this long, but believe logging will work if I stick with it. I don't weigh, just measure some foods, and use my best guestimates on the rest. For me, the real value of logging is being aware of what I put in my mouth. Otherwise, it is very easy to lie to myself about how much I am really eating. For example eating spoon after spoonful of peanut butter!