Breakfast.. what do you have?

Options

Replies

• ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've been having oatmeal or cereal mixed with protein powder and a small amount of peanut butter or mashed banana if I feel like it - hot water poured over the whole thing. It's honestly mostly since I don't have all that much variety available at the moment but I'm happy with the result. Very quick, easy, and filling as well- warm too which is good for the season. Just make sure you don't put in too much hot water though or it can get rather less tasty.
  • Flaming25
    Flaming25 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I normally have porridge:
    50g Oats
    250ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
    149 calories!

Today however I had a 3 egg omelette with bacon and mushrooms
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    2 egg omelette with ham, cheese and spinach - quick and delicious!
    Although today it was greek yoghurt with raspberries which was yummy but much less satisfying!
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Pasture-raised eggs! More expensive (sadly!) but UN-believably tasty, creamy and buttery, intensely orange yolks...WELL worth it! And uncured dry-rubbed pastured pork bacon...a completely different experience from supermarket bacon! Again, more expensive, but worth every penny. Part of my reward to myself for having quit smoking in October...the money I am saving on cigarettes I spend on better-quality food.

Congrats on quitting! :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I just ate half of an onion bagel topped with ham salad and a string cheese.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This morning i had a pizza...
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just had a bacon/egg/cheese sandwich and a package of hostess donuts.

I do a "Eat whatever I want" day about once a month, and this is it. I almost always stay within my calorie goals though.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I was in a hurry today, so had leftover chicken breast (cooked with bones and skin), a pear, and half an avocado.
  • melaniefay82
    melaniefay82 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kale sauteed with bacon and apple cider vinegar, top with a couple of poached eggs. Crushed red pepper. Green tea. That's my fave.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Weekday breakfasts are usuallyblack coffee and one of the following:
    Protein bar and piece of fruit
    Protein shake (whey protein powder, 2% milk, banana and peanut butter of dash of cinnamon depending on the flavor of the powder)
    Hot buckwheat cereal with 1 Tbsp maple syrup and whatever fruit and nuts I have on hand
    Gluten free frozen waffle with PB and banana

On the weekends I generally make use of whatever I have in the fridge along side some eggs
  • rebelmom23
    rebelmom23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a Banana protein shake made with almond milk. I normally rotate between that and a homemade "sausage mcmuffin" Low carb English muffin, turkey sausage and laughing cow cheese.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I usually have a four egg omelette that I do in the microwave and put a bunch of green chile on that and a little cheese with a side of oats and slivered almonds.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Breakfast TOTALLY depends for me. Sometimes it's a couple of cookies. Sometimes it's nothing. This morning I woke up STARVING, so I made some avacado toast. I also had some leftover vegan baked beans, and they sounded good, too, so I heated a bit of those up. Then I realized the the beans on the toast would be delicious. I was not wrong!
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A bowl of alpen or other muesli cereal, a bowl of high protein yoghurt mixed with some berry's, orange juice , and a cup of tea
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    1 slice gluten free bread, an egg fried in 1 tsp butter and an apple. BTW I have celiac disease...i'm not gluten free for a fad ;)
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Don't normally eat breakfast unless I'm hungry. For me one jumbo whole egg and 1/2 cup of egg whites "fried" in a pan with non-stick cooking spray keeps me full for quite awhile and it's only 150 calories. It's like a GIANT fried egg.
  • RitaW11
    RitaW11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually have a spinach omelet - 1 egg and 6 ounces egg white (it's huge LOL), an apple and a low sodium v8 juice. This is usually very filling.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Black beans with an egg (or 2) poached in it
    Fried egg on toast
    buckwheat flax pancakes w/ maple syrup and pb
    scrambled eggs with turkey sausage, onion, peppers and cheese
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Pasture-raised eggs! More expensive (sadly!) but UN-believably tasty, creamy and buttery, intensely orange yolks...WELL worth it!

I started keeping chickens 2 years ago and can absolutely vouch for how much more amazing their eggs are compared to regular store bought. Farmer's Market prices here are $7-8 a dozen for backyard chicken eggs, and my friends and circle of people happily buy them from me when I have an excess.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Pasture-raised eggs! More expensive (sadly!) but UN-believably tasty, creamy and buttery, intensely orange yolks...WELL worth it!

I started keeping chickens 2 years ago and can absolutely vouch for how much more amazing their eggs are compared to regular store bought. Farmer's Market prices here are $7-8 a dozen for backyard chicken eggs, and my friends and circle of people happily buy them from me when I have an excess.

We have laying hens and I love how amazing the eggs taste. :) We sell them for $5 a dozen and can't even keep up with demand.