RoxieDawn wrote: »
    You went the wrong direction.. lol

LOL. That was awesome. I'm guessing 23.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

It was meant to be flattering in order to earn your trust so that, in time, you would.....

Wait, this is not the creepy thread. Sorry about that.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jnichel wrote: »

It was meant to be flattering in order to earn your trust so that, in time, you would.....

Wait, this is not the creepy thread. Sorry about that.

I am old enough to an old pervert.. probably at my age that is what that is called.. no worries! lol :#
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I told God I couldn't solve it myself. I tried and tried and nothing was happening. I took all the advice and my weight didn’t budge.

So I prayed and God gave me a solution to the area I was struggling with. Suddenly it was EASY, and I was getting results with so much less work.

Everybody has a different area of struggle. God has a specialized solution.

For me, I couldn't curb night time eating, particularly sweets.

I tried everything the articles said - protein, 6 meals, etc. Nothing worked.

I prayed and it suddenly came to me to just go with it.

Hunger felt different to me in the morning and afternoon than at night.

So I stopped trying to balance my calorie load. I left a huge amount for dinner.

I meal prepped high satiating, delicious low cal lunches and just had coffee for breakfast. At night, I chowed down.

I found I couldn't chow as much as I thought. My stomach shrinked and I couldn't pack it in like I used to. Sweets started tasting sweeter and sweeter to the point of being inedible.

Last night I had coke and fries and a burger. I still have half a burger left. And not because I am "limiting," - regularly, I am full off of half portion sizes from restaurants.

Since the Christmas season, I've been eating normal breakfast and lunch, but as you can see, in different quantities than before.

With God, nothing is impossible.

Best wishes to you.
  • ckidd44
    ckidd44 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, this really does help a lot. And @littlemissbgiff you do not have to say your age but you look good still. @RoxieDawn you also look good. Thank you for the motivation everybody. Lets keep this going what other ways help you stay on track.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Scorpio. A lady never tells her age. Like long walks on the beach, romance novels, sparkling ciders and autoerotic asphyxiation.

How many calories does this burn?

All of them if you're not careful

I hated to laugh at this. :D:D:D
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    What kind of bag reports someone when an OP asks a question about losing weight and a person answers honestly?

I struggled with losing weight most of my life. And suddenly its easy, and I'm supposed to keep that all to myself because someone does not agree?

Get over yourself, honestly.

I don't run around flagging people who think differently than I do.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    ckidd44 wrote: »
    Thanks everybody, this really does help a lot. And @littlemissbgiff you do not have to say your age but you look good still. @RoxieDawn you also look good. Thank you for the motivation everybody. Lets keep this going what other ways help you stay on track.

aaww my new best friend... lol

Another on for me is setting mini and even bigger goals. A mini goal could be as simple as something you do in the day to something I might want to do or achieve 5-6 months from now.

I also have a SO and we are doing this together.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Scorpio. A lady never tells her age. Like long walks on the beach, romance novels, sparkling ciders and autoerotic asphyxiation.

How many calories does this burn?

All of them if you're not careful

I hated to laugh at this. :D:D:D

Please forgive me. I know I disappoint you on a daily basis.

You think waaaaaay too highly of me. :D:D:D

If it wasn't for God, I'd probably be swinging on a pole right now (and not for the calories, kwim?)
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    Options
    I told God I couldn't solve it myself. I tried and tried and nothing was happening. I took all the advice and my weight didn’t budge.

So I prayed and God gave me a solution to the area I was struggling with. Suddenly it was EASY, and I was getting results with so much less work.

So I stopped trying to balance my calorie load. I left a huge amount for dinner.

I meal prepped high satiating, delicious low cal lunches and just had coffee for breakfast. At night, I chowed down.

I found I couldn't chow as much as I thought. My stomach shrinked and I couldn't pack it in like I used to. Sweets started tasting sweeter and sweeter to the point of being inedible.

Last night I had coke and fries and a burger. I still have half a burger left. And not because I am "limiting," - regularly, I am full off of half portion sizes from restaurants.

Since the Christmas season, I've been eating normal breakfast and lunch, but as you can see, in different quantities than before.

Best wishes to you.

If I achieved all these sort of problem assessment/solutions on my own and lost 70lbs without ever praying, does that make me God?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    What kind of bag reports someone when an OP asks a question about losing weight and a person answers honestly?

I struggled with losing weight most of my life. And suddenly its easy, and I'm supposed to keep that all to myself because someone does not agree?

I think it's the whole God thing. Some people get a little sensitive. I've been flagged for less.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »

Best wishes to you.

If I achieved all these sort of problem assessment/solutions on my own and lost 70lbs without ever praying, does that make me God?

Good for you that you achieved your weight loss goal.

I struggled for years.

I needed God to get over what I've been through.

Can we please not argue over it?

You have your way you succeeded. I have mine.

Have a lovely day.
  • ckidd44
    ckidd44 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too like long walks on the beach and cheesey romance novels..... :)
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,271 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Also, instead of focusing on food abundant Americans, can God help the children in Yemen figure out their calorie needs?

This is why we should appoint me God...just sayin' :sunglasses:
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

I think it's the whole God thing. Some people get a little sensitive. I've been flagged for less.

Surita, how did you succeed?

Because you look fabulous!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I'm ancient, I'm 43, I'll say it part if accepting is admitting. I tend to be a bit hyper active at times so that's how I keep my.weight in check. I like candy and chocolate and caffeine.

I guess, I qualify for a walking dead then but I like it outside, (hiking camping bike rides and all) and no one's complaining yet, so I just keep walking. Depression attacks often ruin my good efforts, I start over a lot