Whata are your Small Goal Rewards?

Options
MaryB2
MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
Okay, so I got the idea for this topic off another weight loss forum. It is a fun topic and I'm curious what kind of rewards people on MFP have. I haven't really thought of doing rewards before but I was able to come up with a few. :-) I started at 180 lbs and my goal is 120 so here are my goals.

160 - manicure / pedicure
140 - hair colored and highlighted
120 - new clothes

Replies

• adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    well for every 20 lbs I lose i usually buy myself a new outfit or get a pedicure. I am close to the 50 lb mark and I am not sure what I will do then...but I need to figure it out and quick...lol
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Those look like great rewards! My rewards have mainly been clothes (as they were desperately needed!). I'm banking on losing 4lbs this week for 100. I've got a cut and colour booked plus going to get a new outfit and hit the make up counter at the department store :)
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For my small goals, I use anything that I have been wanting but don't really "need" to survive.. mine at the moment are:

Goal 1 - 5lbs by Aug 1st - Burts Bee's Skin Care Line
    Goal 2 - 10 lbs by Aug 15th - Whiteboard for my office
    Goal 3 - 15 lbs by Sept 1st - New sports bra!
    Goal 4 - 20 lbs by Sept 15th - Jeans!!
    Goal 5 - 25 lbs by Oct 1st - Pajamas & Robe
    Goal 6 - 30 lbs by Oct 15th - Bathing suit and McMennamin's Soaking Tub! (A mineral soaking tub that I am too uncomfortable to get in because of my weight.)
  • MaryB2
    Options
    well for every 20 lbs I lose i usually buy myself a new outfit or get a pedicure. I am close to the 50 lb mark and I am not sure what I will do then...but I need to figure it out and quick...lol

Congratulations on 50! I can't wait till I hit that goal. You'll have to let us know what you decide to reward yourself with.
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    I never thought about rewards! I am skint so my reward is getting into the wardrobe of clothes I have from 4 years ago all UK size 10!!!!!! Also my reward will be the 1800 calories I can eat forever more once I reach goal!!!!!!!!!!
  • MaryB2
    Options
    Those look like great rewards! My rewards have mainly been clothes (as they were desperately needed!). I'm banking on losing 4lbs this week for 100. I've got a cut and colour booked plus going to get a new outfit and hit the make up counter at the department store :)

100...AWESOME!! :-)

When I was talking to my husband about my rewards I brought up clothes. He jokingly told me that when I get down to my goal weight I'll have a lot of clothes from before. Although he's right I'll want NEW clothes. LOL
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    My rewards have been clothes...but my prize for hitting ultimate goal (very close!) is going to Discovery Cove to swim with dolphins!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I rewarded every 5 lb mini-goal with something special just for me. Perfume, jewelry, shoes, clothes, mani/pedi, massage, etc. I have .4 lbs to reach my final goal and then it is a brand new wardrobe!!! :)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I just treat myself to new tattoos! I had my 3rd one on wednesday.. and thats my 3rd since february!! haha :bigsmile:

I will be treating myself to a clothes shopping spree, as I bloody need it! Nothing fits me anymore! Everything is too big
  • MaryB2
    Options
    For my small goals, I use anything that I have been wanting but don't really "need" to survive.. mine at the moment are:

Goal 1 - 5lbs by Aug 1st - Burts Bee's Skin Care Line
    Goal 2 - 10 lbs by Aug 15th - Whiteboard for my office
    Goal 3 - 15 lbs by Sept 1st - New sports bra!
    Goal 4 - 20 lbs by Sept 15th - Jeans!!
    Goal 5 - 25 lbs by Oct 1st - Pajamas & Robe
    Goal 6 - 30 lbs by Oct 15th - Bathing suit and McMennamin's Soaking Tub! (A mineral soaking tub that I am too uncomfortable to get in because of my weight.)
    [/quote

Those are cool rewards. :-)
  • MaryB2
    Options
    My rewards have been clothes...but my prize for hitting ultimate goal (very close!) is going to Discovery Cove to swim with dolphins!

Wow!! That sounds like so much fun! :-)
  • MaryB2
    Options

Wow!! That sounds like so much fun! :-)

Sorry...not sure how this one posted twice but I can't remove it
  • MaryB2
    Options
    I rewarded every 5 lb mini-goal with something special just for me. Perfume, jewelry, shoes, clothes, mani/pedi, massage, etc. I have .4 lbs to reach my final goal and then it is a brand new wardrobe!!! :)

The mini goals is a good idea. I wish I had thought of that. A new wardrobe will be great though. I can't wait for mine.
  • MaryB2
    Options

The mini goals is a good idea. I wish I had thought of that. A new wardrobe will be great though. I can't wait for mine.
  • MaryB2
    Options
    This is weird!! I'm not sure why it keeps posting each of my comments twice.

xSophia19, tattoos is great idea but my husband would not be too happy with me. I got my 6th one for my Birthday a couple of years ago. He asked me then to not get anymore. :-(
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    right now, i have 40 pounds to lose.

-15, nose piercing
    -40, new tattoo
    maintain the loss for 6 months, new, BIG tattoo

i feel like i should throw something in the middle but i don't like mani/pedis and i have plenty of makeup. i don't want to buy any real amount of new clothes until i'm much smaller, so that's out too. food is a dumb reward, so that's out. anyone have suggestions for a middle mini goal reward? ha, i'm terrible!
  • MaryB2
    Options
    stronglikeabull - maybe a new hairstyle or color.
  • 13Kat13
    13Kat13 Posts: 2
    Options
    I really had to think this one through as I am always cutting, coloring or doing something to my hair. I did mani/pedi for birthday with daughter so that was a treat for us. I love the tattoo idea since that's personal. My last one was in Aug, last year. Anniversary gift from hubby.
    But I think my treat is bras. Bras, bras and more pretty bras. I love them. I walked around the mall today and saw so many cute ones and said "ooh, I want that one." Like clothes, we need to keep replacing our bras. Right now I hit Goodwill or clearance for my replacement clothes, but my bras...well I love bras. So I've been treating myself to 2 super nice bras with each cup size lost. Once they stop shrinking I'll have to swap over to pounds lost.
    Congrats to all of you for losing so much weight and becoming great inspiring peaple:happy: .