Any naturally thin person that started going to gym?

Options
Hey,

I want to start going to the gym. However, I'm . I'm naturally thin and I'm worried about start going to the gym because I don't want to start eating a lot as I've read in other articles. Can someone share their experience or have any thoughts about it? Thanks!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You're not "naturally thin"...you just don't eat a lot. If you're going to train, you will have to eat to support the training.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you are asking; are you worried your body will adjust to more activity and then if you slow down you will gain weight? It's still healthier for you to be active, I do not think you should worry about that.

I'm "naturally thin" in the sense that if I do not watch my weight it settles at a lower point than most women my height. I look much better all around when I work out, regardless. Even if what I'm doing makes me bigger not smaller.

So, could you please explain a little more what you are worried about?
  • Mommysarus
    Mommysarus Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm naturally thin, and practically live at the gym. I do eat a lot (always have) I just make healthy choices. It's much healthier to be physically fit than to worry about how much you eat constantly. The body needs those calories and nutrients especially at the gym!
  • silviaG07
    silviaG07 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying @cwolfman13 and @robininfl . So, I'm worried about getting hungrier and instead of have a good body, I'll become fat
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    silviaG07 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying @cwolfman13 and @robininfl . So, I'm worried about getting hungrier and instead of have a good body, I'll become fat

Fit people eat and train and have good bodies. You only put on fat when you eat over a maintenance level of calories. If you're training, your calorie requirements will go up because you are moving more. With my regular exercise I regularly eat 2800 - 3000 calories to maintain my weight and support my training...when I'm full on in cycling season it's even more. If I don't exercise my maintenance is more like 2,400ish.