How to get big for GIRLS?

Options

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I believe OP is vegan from another post I read so maybe a protein powder made with almond milk would help, if she doesn't want to prepare tofu, beans, seitan, or any of the other vegan protein options.

As for fat, avocados are easy to eat once ripe. You can make avocado toast for breakfast, have a protein shake with it and a piece of fruit to have a more rounded out meal macronutrient wise.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ModernRock wrote: »
    The typical day is estimated at 2300 calories. Woefully deficient in protein, fat and iron.

I included it all under "breakfast" for my own convenience.

xp6kuqj7vayc.jpg

Wow. If OP eats like that every day, it would be hard to think of a much unhealthier, incomplete and unbalanced diet. OP desperately needs more fats and protein.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Keep in mind your results are a direct result of your efforts. Laziness leads to little to no results. Also, protein and fsts are vital nutrients and shouldnt be neglected. Fats controll hormones and protein builds muscle. If your diet isnt optimal, your results wont be either. If getting fit was easy, everyone would do it. So in the end, you need to evaluate what is important to you and put effort into.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Add some nut or seed butters, perhaps? Banana with pb(or any other butter is delish!) You basically need to just eat more(esp protien and fat) and if you can't eat much more, cut back on the cycling or parkour. Make sure you are following 5x5 program correctly. MLO makes a very affordable vegetable protein powder that can easily be mixed with soymilk for an extra meal/snack. I would not recommend almond milk because it has fewer calories and almost no protein.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I've never seen anything like that!

Please, eat protein.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I totally read this as "how to get big FOR girls." I thought it was some dude trying to make some gains for the ladies.

It would be the same for women as men. Eat, eat, and eat some more, and lift heavy weights. You also need to eat more protein. Try setting your macros at 40/30/30 and see if that works for you.
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Please, eat protein.

There's a thing called RAW till 4 if any of you have heard?
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It's quite disappointing how people treat someone if she is eating ten bananas. I don't disagree I need more protein but there's all sort of eating pattern. I would never think of bashing someone for eating meat. It's really disappointing. Thank you all anyways. Also, if you have never seen anything like that, I hope I have been all sort of enjoyment here. Thank you.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    i can't get pass that 10 bananas for the morning! WOW! !! never seen or heard that before!

Got nothing else to add, ladies have already covered all the bases! :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    It's quite disappointing how people treat someone if she is eating ten bananas. I don't disagree I need more protein but there's all sort of eating pattern. I would never think of bashing someone for eating meat. It's really disappointing. Thank you all anyways. Also, if you have never seen anything like that, I hope I have been all sort of enjoyment here. Thank you.

Don't get upset you are getting good responses
    You have explained why you eat the way you do so that's that
    You also accepted you need to eat more protein
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    P.s I love your OP it's so refreshing from the usual type of posts here
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Please, eat protein.

There's a thing called RAW till 4 if any of you have heard?

What you're doing is not raw til 4, its fruit til 4. There are plenty of better ways to do raw if that's what you want to do - you need to make a huge effort to have a balanced diet though, and include good sources of protein. There is no way your body will function properly, let alone grow, on such little fat or protein.
  • Jokerz9
    Jokerz9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    EAT HEALTHY CARBS AND FATS, CALORIES SURPLUS, AND PROTEIN SHOULD BE HIGH IF YOU WANT ANY HELP FEEL FREE TO TEXT
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options

No one is treating you bad. If you want advice on how to reach your goal, you have to be willing to accept a variety of answers. Try not to read tone in any of these post as it can make it harder on yourself. If you want to reach you goal, I would suggest taking a step back and reevaluating what you are doing. Currently, it doesn't support your goals and it is not a conducive way of eating for you. It is seemingly deficient in critical nutrients to your body and the ability to gain muscle/weight.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Raw nuts, seeds, avocado, coconut...
  • lauamy96
    lauamy96 Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The diet is called, raw til 4, not fruits til 4. You can still have nuts, veggies, and overnight oats, many other raw vegan stuff. Lmao.

Edit - realized @livingleanlivingclean said the exact same thing.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I wasn't trying to be mean. I just said I've never seen anything like it and to eat more protein.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Raw nuts, seeds, avocado, coconut...

^that. All day.

OP never mentioned any dietary restrictions or location (food availability).

If OP wants any strength or muscle, more protein and calories.

snickers-protein.jpg?w=480&h=192&crop=1
    mars-protein.jpg?w=480&h=222&crop=1
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    FWIW...I was eating about 30 grams of protein a day a few years ago. Now I'm eating a minimum of 100 grams a day. To get to that, I eat plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, can of tuna, lentils, etc. If I need some help, I'll have a protein supplement.

If I make sure I hit my protein, then I can just eat the rest of my cals eating carbs and fat. This works for me.

My priority is making sure I eat enough protein and the rest just falls into place.

Opening a container of cottage cheese, greek yogurt is also lazy and opening a can of tuna is super lazy :smiley: