How to get big for GIRLS?

Options
13»

Replies

• serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If I were you, I'd google some vegan sources of protein. You need around 110 grams of protein daily. You HAVE to hit that or you won't get bigger.

Good luck on your journey!!! Good for you for taking the time to evaluate your results and eating plan.

Could you eat some raw lentils? A cup of lentils is like 40 grams of protein and it's soooo good for your body :)

The Bulk Barn also sells pea protein that you can use for shakes with your bananas and fruit?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    serapel wrote: »
    If I were you, I'd google some vegan sources of protein. You need around 110 grams of protein daily. You HAVE to hit that or you won't get bigger.

Good luck on your journey!!! Good for you for taking the time to evaluate your results and eating plan.

Could you eat some raw lentils? A cup of lentils is like 40 grams of protein and it's soooo good for your body :)

The Bulk Barn also sells pea protein that you can use for shakes with your bananas and fruit?

I'm not sure they'd be too nice to your digestive system. You can soak and sprout them, but that takes time and I think still cause issues for some people... Cooking them would help!
  • NaomiAnna22
    NaomiAnna22 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    apetamin syrup to increase appetite and rivalus weight gainer protein powder which has more natural ingredients and no creatine.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    apetamin syrup to increase appetite and rivalus weight gainer protein powder which has more natural ingredients and no creatine.
    ^ Not this.
  • illyasHodrick
    illyasHodrick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think your current diet is great. Lots of nutrients . People are telling you more protein based on their preconceived notions. Many doctors believe, and have proven that more than 10% protein( animal protein) can be detrimental. I'd add just a little more fats though. Maybe an cup of walnuts, which is a TON of more calories. Eat more greens , and mix the nuts for better absorption and encouragement.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    tin of cooked mixed beans-sorted for protein and all you need to do is open the tin!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    oh yeah tofu! really easy lunch i had yesterday was a miso soup sachet that i just added fresh tofu and spring onion into :)
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i was wondering how tall you are and why you are worried about getting bigger? iknow i am not a girl, but input is input
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I think your current diet is great. Lots of nutrients . People are telling you more protein based on their preconceived notions. Many doctors believe, and have proven that more than 10% protein( animal protein) can be detrimental. I'd add just a little more fats though. Maybe an cup of walnuts, which is a TON of more calories. Eat more greens , and mix the nuts for better absorption and encouragement.

People are telling her more protein based on the fact that there is very little protein in there, and people already suggested that she eat nuts or nut butters to get that protein, so no one is pushing meat on her. Also, what doctors?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It's quite disappointing how people treat someone if she is eating ten bananas. I don't disagree I need more protein but there's all sort of eating pattern. I would never think of bashing someone for eating meat. It's really disappointing. Thank you all anyways. Also, if you have never seen anything like that, I hope I have been all sort of enjoyment here. Thank you.

Do remember that even the posts you dislike or disagree with are from people actually trying to help you....
    I'm seeing surprise rather than "bashing". Mentioning your eating style and restrictions in your OP might have been an idea.

Nuts, seeds, beans and grains may help correct the lack of fat and protein in your current diet. Do you like avocado? Lots of fat and calories.

Vegetarian / vegan protein supplements are available and may help you easily and conveniently boost your protein intake but to gain weight calories are king and food logging is a good place to start.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options

No it can't. In fact, the more recent research on SFA has suggested that is no adverse effects on health markers. And that was at 15% of their total intake. The bigger thing is getting adequate calories from whole sources (meats, dairy, etc..). The OP is trying to gain, so she needs adequate calories, adequate protein (to help build muscle) and a good amount of fats to help improve hormonal functions.
  • SheaMe
    SheaMe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Not sure what dietary restrictions you have but protein sources like tofu, legumes, beans, seitan, whole grains, quinoa, freekeh, hempseed, chia, etc. Or a vegan protein supplement if you need

Fats: nuts, nut butters, seeds, avocado, oils (olive, coconut), coconut milk etc.

It's just that I am a super lazy person when it comes to cooking. And fruits are basically something you buy and eat whenever you are hungry. Sometimes I feel lazy just to peel and slice the mangoes, so I tend to go for the fruits like bananas where I just have to peel it. Must take protein in consideration.

@unnichaacko when asked in the beginning of the thread you said it was b/c you were lazy not rawtill4 or raw vegan. In any case, I know a few raw vegans & they've all lost weight and they're not even as active as you.

If you're not new to the raw vegan scene then you should already know the raw vegan social media "stars" out there & should follow them. Also join fb groups with like people, I believe there is a raw vegan bb group. There's also something called the Woodstock Fruit Festival with a bunch of seminars & stuff. It's in August in Woodstock, NY.

Basically, if this is they lifestyle you want to follow then you're best to reach out to people that have similar goals & share the same lifestyle to get the best advice. However, you might also have to decide what you want more this lifestyle or your goal.

FYI... I'm a vegetarian that's working on gaining.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    Raw nuts, seeds, avocado, coconut...

^that. All day.

OP never mentioned any dietary restrictions or location (food availability).

If OP wants any strength or muscle, more protein and calories.

snickers-protein.jpg?w=480&h=192&crop=1
    mars-protein.jpg?w=480&h=222&crop=1

I don't think we can get these in the US.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

^that. All day.

I used to buy the Snickers protein here, but I haven't seen them in awhile, and I've never seen the Mars one.
  • psuLemon
    edited January 2017
    Options

^that. All day.

You can't buy those in the US. You can buy the marathon bars:
    71puGhkuk5L._SX425SX425_SY335_CR,0,0,425,335_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX425_SY335_CR,0,0,425,335_SH20_.jpg

105lg.png
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

^that. All day.

71puGhkuk5L._SX425SX425_SY335_CR,0,0,425,335_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX425_SY335_CR,0,0,425,335_SH20_.jpg

105lg.png

I've had those. But you have to admit, the others look much better.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

^that. All day.

105lg.png

I've had those. But you have to admit, the others look much better.

They do have a nice package. But the caramel crunch is my favorite protein bar of all time.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SheaMe wrote: »
    Not sure what dietary restrictions you have but protein sources like tofu, legumes, beans, seitan, whole grains, quinoa, freekeh, hempseed, chia, etc. Or a vegan protein supplement if you need

Fats: nuts, nut butters, seeds, avocado, oils (olive, coconut), coconut milk etc.

It's just that I am a super lazy person when it comes to cooking. And fruits are basically something you buy and eat whenever you are hungry. Sometimes I feel lazy just to peel and slice the mangoes, so I tend to go for the fruits like bananas where I just have to peel it. Must take protein in consideration.

@unnichaacko when asked in the beginning of the thread you said it was b/c you were lazy not rawtill4 or raw vegan. In any case, I know a few raw vegans & they've all lost weight and they're not even as active as you.

If you're not new to the raw vegan scene then you should already know the raw vegan social media "stars" out there & should follow them. Also join fb groups with like people, I believe there is a raw vegan bb group. There's also something called the Woodstock Fruit Festival with a bunch of seminars & stuff. It's in August in Woodstock, NY.

Basically, if this is they lifestyle you want to follow then you're best to reach out to people that have similar goals & share the same lifestyle to get the best advice. However, you might also have to decide what you want more this lifestyle or your goal.

Being raw vegan doesn't have anything to do with dieting or losing weight - the people you know are losing weight because they eat less calories. A lot of raw vegan dishes are very calorie dense, and it would be easy to overdo it and gain weight

OP, you appear to have logged this way for the first time in December... September/October shows a more macronutrient balanced diet, definitely not vegan or vegetarian. Why the shift towards this way of eating?
  • SheaMe
    SheaMe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    SheaMe wrote: »

Being raw vegan doesn't have anything to do with dieting or losing weight - the people you know are losing weight because they eat less calories. A lot of raw vegan dishes are very calorie dense, and it would be easy to overdo it and gain weight

Thank you for that clarification. I myself understand this fact as well and that's why I referenced it as lifestyle not diet in my post. I was just giving a generic example of the people I know that have adopted this lifestyle, I guess it came across as misinformation.