Women over 45 Support/Motivation for 2017-Happy New Year!

Options

Replies

• designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm in if you'll have me - I'm 43 but could really use the support. I've got 2 teen kids and a home business and gained 20 pounds this year somehow. Ugh. I just started back up with working out and eating well and so far the scale has only gone up more. It is definitely much more difficult to lose weight after 40. At least it has been for me. I tend to overdo it, get injured and give up completely for months at a time. That's been my working out cycle for at least 15 years. I'd like to lose 20 lbs by the end of March. 3 months, 20 lbs, seems doable, right?
  • MTKK
    MTKK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and looking for friends to keep me motivated. I'm restarting again tomorrow. Please send me a friend request.
  • jodi3359
    jodi3359 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Almost 49 here. Second time around. Took me about a year to lose 30( I'm only 5"). My story starts with, I thought it was hormones but my Dr. ingnored me, so I started the Hormone Diet. No sugar, caffeine, gluten, dairy for 28 days. Then gradually bring them back. Well it worked and I continued with the no sugar and white carbs. Until the holidays....
    My second problem is my boyfriend. He is overweight, always tired, in pain etc... And will not try . So I have two things going againist me:(
    Let's moviate each other!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would like to join so i can start to work on making myself healthy again. I started out well last year then something terrible happened in my family and it was all I could do to get out of bed and go to work for most of the year. New year. New start. I am 59 but I feel 49 most of the time. Don't know how much weight I've gained. I will weigh tomorrow.
  • Zephrine
    Zephrine Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll be 46 this year, and have atleast 30kg to lose (um, thats about 66ish lbs) Happy to have more friends. Finding the whol exercise thing abit of a struggle, mainly cause I'm lazy haha
  • Itisneeded
    Itisneeded Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    beaches222 wrote: »
    beaches222 wrote: »
    I'm 46. What is so different after 40?

First make up your mind how old you are. Your profile says you are 25 years old and a male
    That's why I wrote my age and gender in "About Me:" ;)

So I am confused why are you here....GOODBYE

She is a woman.
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I'm 47 and sooooo tired of yo yo dieting. The past two years I start out great, lose about 20 pounds then get over zealous with my workout and get injured. Then I get mad, discouraged and the weight piles back on. Having a desk job is making it hard to lose weight too.
    I need to pace myself this year so I don't end up with plantar fasciitis again. I've got about 100 to lose.
  • brown_eyes74
    brown_eyes74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lucy17128 wrote: »
    Count me in too! I'm 47 and sooooo tired of yo yo dieting. The past two years I start out great, lose about 20 pounds then get over zealous with my workout and get injured. Then I get mad, discouraged and the weight piles back on. Having a desk job is making it hard to lose weight too.
    I need to pace myself this year so I don't end up with plantar fasciitis again. I've got about 100 to lose.

add me in the same boat girl!
  • brown_eyes74
    brown_eyes74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in if you'll have me - I'm 43 but could really use the support. I've got 2 teen kids and a home business and gained 20 pounds this year somehow. Ugh. I just started back up with working out and eating well and so far the scale has only gone up more. It is definitely much more difficult to lose weight after 40. At least it has been for me. I tend to overdo it, get injured and give up completely for months at a time. That's been my working out cycle for at least 15 years. I'd like to lose 20 lbs by the end of March. 3 months, 20 lbs, seems doable, right?

add me girl im 43 this year teen girl 14 lets do this
  • mollyizzy
    mollyizzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been logging in consistently since start of year, which is an accomplishment in itself for me. Haven't weighed myself since the start though because I don't want to be discouraged if scale hadn't moved.
  • ChrisF48
    ChrisF48 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 48 and new both to the site and group
  • SunnyJShores
    SunnyJShores Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bumping 50 & coming in with my own aches & pains.... bad knee, bad back ... always exercising cautiously. If at all! ha! Now with hormones a flux, it's harder than ever to motivate to get back into shape & stay fit. Let's form a love circle & kick cellulite to the curb! metaphorically speaking of course ;)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I know i'm late to the party but could use some support going into the New Year as menopause has started to kick my big old butt.
  • pakawaha
    pakawaha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do i become a member?
  • suRippedUsa
    suRippedUsa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 54 and the scale hasn't stopped going up for almost a year!
    I'm in. I'm 54 and the scale hasn't stopped going up for almost a year!
    I feel your pain !!! I'm 51 & have been trying to lose 10 lbs! I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG INDEED!!!!!! I have a calorie deficit of atleast 300 & exercise usually burn 150-250 EVERYDAY!!! track my steps... which is usually over 16,000 & I haven't lost CRAP... ugh F--K this menopause
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm 48. I'm in for the New Year. I have 30 lbs of "regain" to lose from the original 110 lbs I lost six years ago...very slow, crept up on me at about 1/2 lb a month. But I'm totally dedicated to losing it, have a plan and ready to go.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    I'm in! I'm 46. Went to get out my fall/winter clothes after summer was over, and none of my pants fit! And I really don't feel like going out and buying new clothes, so I'm in skirts with elastic waistbands for awhile. Ha!

But also, I have high triglycerides, borderline high cholesterol, and I get winded going up a flight of stairs. All that needs to change. I'd like to lose about 50 pounds, but I'm no hurry, because I know this has to be something I can sustain for the rest of my life.

I fought tracking food for years, but people say that's one of the main things successful maintainers do, so now I track everything. And intend to for the rest of my life.

Happy to have more friends here!

So neat to see this thread bumped--probably one of my earlier comments here. And hey, down 30 of 50, so here's to 20 more in 2018!

(And those pants still don't fit, because now they're too big!)
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Lost 70 lbs during 2017 - had a 15 lb regain from Halloween through New Years. I'm back on the wagon. I'll be 50 in September and really want to push to get to onder-land this year.
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 48...lost 50 lbs, then I gained back 17...I'm in this for life, as I'm not happy with the alternative (not logging and gaining more weight). I have a ways to go still, but I know that it works! Idk if it's different after 40, but I know how pain, hormones, and stress can take its toll. I try to exercise every day (nothing crazy) and I'm now in the habit of cutting up fresh veggies once a week to keep in the fridge. I don't have a specific motivator in mind, I just feel better when I'm taking care of myself.
  • 69HealthyMe
    69HealthyMe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m a 48 year old looking for support and motivation. Anyone can feel free to add me.