Women over 45 Support/Motivation for 2017-Happy New Year!

2»

Replies

• John1643
    John1643 Posts: 13 Member
    Anyone can add me - I'll be 44 in Feb. Spent all last year taking off nearly 40 pounds, would like to take off another 5 - then the big trick - keep it off.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    You can add me. I'm 48, and want to lose 50 pounds before I turn 50.
  • Sapphire1812
    Sapphire1812 Posts: 107 Member
    I'm 47 and in the UK, but would love some more buddies of similar age. :smile:
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 433 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me 47 and over 100 lbs to lose can use motivational and supportive friends :)
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    47 here, lost 60ish and tge last 10 to 15 has been the bain of my existence. Cravings are worse, moodiness is worse, the only thing I've gotten a handle on is knowing I can lose weight if I try harder.
  • CathyTwentyTwo
    CathyTwentyTwo Posts: 13 Member
    I have now officially lost 3 pounds since I officially started this journey a little over a week ago! Yay me! LOL It so helps to see a little movement on the scale. Today - snow blowing, shoveling and basic digging out from 16.4 inches of snow in yesterday's storm. On it!
  • Fififox9
    Fififox9 Posts: 23 Member
    Hi Ladies. Can I join in please? I turned 50 last year and swore I'd deal with my weight by the big event....but I didn't succeed. Back now with serious intent. I started a week ago at 191.6lb and have lost 3lb so far. I want to lose about 50lb. My strategy is to work on healthy food changes first and add in exercise when I feel my energy is up again. Please send me friend requests if you would like support and encouragement. X Good luck to all.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    I think it helps to hear that this can (CAN!) happen...it took me forever, but I've got it now, thanks to MFP. I started in August at 152. I'm 5'3" and 59 years old (58 then) -- and everyday I would say I would start a diet, and I maybe would last a day or two, but then I'd go back to eating pies and muffins and lattes! I decided that it had to be a priority, and I came back to MFP with direction (plus, there were some really bad beach pics! LOL!) in the middle of August. I logged in my weight and goals, and MFP "gave" me 1200 cal./day. And then I started making choices -- and I cut out simple carbs and sugar -- and I cut out oil (yep -- no salad dressing! No olive oil!) and I got to between 1000-1200 cal. every single day. AND -- I started jogging (not just walking!) because I could! And now I have lost 22 lbs. Today I weighed in at 130. 135 used to be my goal, but now I'm going for 115! It makes so much difference! I feel so great -- and I love that pics no longer have belly rolls!! SERIOUSLY!! MFP! All it takes is time. (I think that's my mantra.) BTW -- I eat greens, veggies, protein and fruit -- and a glass of red wine with dinner every night. Just log it.
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 53 Member
    Please add me. In 47 and tired of the yo yo dieting. I have 100 to lose but plan to do it slowly. And, do not want my plantar fasciitis slowing me down this time, need to stay motivated :)
  • kirstyj69
    kirstyj69 Posts: 5 Member
    What parts of the world are you guys from? I'm from the South Island of New Zealand (we're metric in NZ so I use kilograms and get completely thrown by pounds!) ...