TEAM MELEE! --- Challenge of the Living Dead (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Tues // 1000
    Weds // 95
    Thurs // 1000
    Fri // 300
    Sat // 1300
    Total // 3695

I did an extra 100 for Saturday which still has not ended for me yet =]
  • str0nger
    str0nger Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Tues780/300
    Weds 0/0
    Thurs 580/300
    Fri 300/300
    Sat 150/300
    Sun 300/300

Total 2110/1800

:] End of my Sunday seems pretty good.
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 372
    Day 2: 658

Day 3: 160 (better than nothing!)

Total: 1190

Must must must climb all 23 flights today, as no stairs at the weekend!

Day 4: 572
    Day 5: 81
    Day 6: 193

No stairs or steps at home, so made use of the ones in the cinema and shops this weekend, so not as many as the days when I can charge up the fire escape at work without people staring and watching me sweat!

Total: 2036

Not bad for an arthritic old bat :wink:

As I'm in the UK what time/date do we weigh in by? Also, as I only got this challenge late on Monday, if I do stairs tomorrow will they count?

Keep up the good work everyone, you're all doing so well. Go team Melee!
  • Purple_Lurple
    Options

I got 300 done yesterday so my count is.

Tues // 1000
    Weds // 95
    Thurs // 1000
    Fri // 300
    Sat // 1200
    Total // 3595

And I've lost 4 lbs this week! Whoo! Hopefully I won't gain it back in the next two days though since I haven't been able to get to the gym the past few days >.< Although I'm wondering if this is too much to lose. I mean my BMI is on the verge of obese at 194lbs for 5'6-5'7 but that is a lot of weight to lose in one week. I have it set up at 1400 calories per day but I don't really restrict what I eat. If I'm hungry then I eat what I want and by just tracking my calories it encourages me to be more aware and make better choices. I also don't really eat back much of my exercise calories (sometimes I will because my body is hungry or something looks ultra yummy) because I seem to not lose anything or I get obsessed about it. If my body asks then it receives. I'm just a bit worried since I've been reading so much stuff people have said on here. What do you guys do exactly and how has it worked for you?

4lbs is quite a lot to lose at your weight, but how long have you been on your new routine for? If it's quite new for you it could be water weight. If you're not going under about 1300 I wouldn't worry, just keep an eye out to make sure you are getting the right nutrients (including *some* fats, carbs, etc, as your body needs them, especially when you're doing a lot of physical activity)

You're doing so well though, I'm really impressed!
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    4lbs is quite a lot to lose at your weight, but how long have you been on your new routine for? If it's quite new for you it could be water weight. If you're not going under about 1300 I wouldn't worry, just keep an eye out to make sure you are getting the right nutrients (including *some* fats, carbs, etc, as your body needs them, especially when you're doing a lot of physical activity)

You're doing so well though, I'm really impressed!

Thanks! =] I have been working out since around April but had to stop unfortunately just before June began due to Achilles tendonitis. I tried to continue with my strength training and dieting but then I began to stress out about eating under my calories so much that I wasn't having fun. So then I cut it out pretty much for all of June. I joined MFP under a different account forJupiter back when I started but decided it might be better just to start fresh and made a new account (this one here) and post up a challenge that I had been thinking about doing since I started MFP (so this challenge). So I'm not really certain where I fit into the idea of being new at this or not haha. But I pretty much wasn't all that active during my break so I guess it could be that my body got use to being lazy again. I didn't really think of that too much, thanks. It just really threw me off because last time when I started up I could not make the scale budge for about a month.
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    DAMN YOU BLOODY STAIR STEPPER!! 1801 done. I'm so proud of you everyone. You guys all did way better than I did but at least we did it! I'm hoping we kicked everyones butt (=
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    So sorry I haven't been around!
    I was on vacation for the last week with no internet access.

I'm on for whatever challenges come up this week, and I'll try to do a ton of stairs today, too!! [:
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Usually Sunday is my day off, but decided to head over to the gym for one final day of the stair climber!

Today I did 1465 :)
    Total: 3385!

Go Team! :)
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Everyone has been doing great! I'm so proud of you all. Even if we don't end up winning this challenge then we'll stop them in the next. I'm figuring out our totals right now to see where we are and then I'll post it.

Hush7hush: That's fine. Thanks for coming back! You were on my list of people to message asking who was still in the challenge and who was out. Glad your back though. =]
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    ANNOUNCEMENT FROM MAIN THREAD!!!
    Okay guys so I made up a list for you all on when everything must be submitted to mrtentaclenun by according to who has contacted me or where people have mentioned they are from (or I noticed). Please just get your final weigh ins and your final challenge counts into us by these times otherwise you will receive a 1lb penalty.

9p Monday July 18th EST =

8p Monday July 18th (Central)
    7p Monday July 18th (Mountain)
    6p Monday July 18th (Pacific)
    2a Tuesday July 19th (England)
    1p Tuesday July 19th (New Zealand)
    10p Tuesday July 19th (South Korea)

ALSO! This Monday the new challenge will be posted and the challenge results will need to be submitted BY SUNDAY 9p EST to your team captain! Since this past week I messed up getting everything out on time and that is why the challenge ended on Monday. Explosive's team captain will be announced Monday at 9!

---

There was something else I was gonna say but I totally forgot... hmmm...
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Cool cool. I can still edit this!

Okay guys so here are the people that are missing a day or days. Please let me know if there is anything incorrect! I just want to make sure that I'm not missing a day because I missed something or whatever!

MANNY_BEE: no days (PM sent to you)

HUSH7HUSH: no days (you posted stating you we're gone)

MAREMARE312: no days (PM sent to you)

FAETE: tues 1085, weds 535, thurs 420, fri 230, sat MISSING, sun MISSING.

MISSXCHELLY: tues MISSING, weds 780, thurs MISSING, fri MISSING, sat MISSING, sun 1801

JESSAMIN: tues MISSING, weds 770, thurs 1300, fri 2400, sat 2020, sun 340

FEVERRN: tues MISSING, weds MISSING, thurs 1100, fri MISSING, sat 1400, sun MISSING

DMNOSU17: tues MISSING, weds MISSING, thurs 300, fri MISSING, sat MISSING, sun MISSING

TRISHTRISH84: tues 300, weds 300, thurs 300, fri MISSING, sat MISSING, sun MISSING

JAGRIB0112: tues 614, weds 386, thurs 150, fri MISSING, sat MISSING, sun MISSING

KAYYB13: tues 550, weds 1100, thurs 1600, fri 320, sat MISSING, sun 1465

AMBER_BAMBER: tues MISSING, weds 600, thurs 300, fri 300, sat 600, sun MISSING

THANKS GUYS! You have done awesome this week. I'm excited to see how we'll rank with everyone else!
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not missing Sat, just didn't manage to do any that day!

But I think I posted it wrong, I was adding as I went along, sorry!!
    So it's: Tuesday: 550, Weds: 500, Thurs: 500, Fri: 320 Sat: None, Sun: 1465
    Total: 3335

Good job everyone that participated and worked hard! :)
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't know that we had to check in everyday with a total. The tuesday you have me down for was a total between Tue and Wed. Good thing I wrote this stuff down on a paper. LOL.

TUE 390 WED 390 THUS 551 FRIDAY NONE SATURDAY NONE SUNDAY 470 TOTAL 1801.
  • str0nger
    str0nger Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @_@ Where do we submit/post/message our weigh in to? Im hella confused...
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    I've been saying that you can post it on the thread and then I will organize everything and send it off to mrtentaclenun but if you're cutting it close to 9p EST then please just PM your weight to mrtentaclenun.

And thanks guys for getting back on this so quickly!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    CowboyKid - I didn't do Tuesday because it was announced very late Tuesday night in NZ and other NZers mentioned they were just going to be a day behind because of it. I figured I'd do today instead but if not I don't have a score for Tuesday.
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    CowboyKid - I didn't do Tuesday because it was announced very late Tuesday night in NZ and other NZers mentioned they were just going to be a day behind because of it. I figured I'd do today instead but if not I don't have a score for Tuesday.

That's perfectly fine and you can do today (it was my mess up anyways for not getting it to you kiddies in NZ). I just wanted to make sure everything is correct and whatnot.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    7/12: 605
    7/13: 915
    7/14: 1,100
    7/15: 0
    7/16: 1,400
    7/17: 400
    Total: 4,420
    I have a feeling I'm going to gain some weight for tomorrow's weigh-in.
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tues 300/1085
    Weds 300/535
    Thurs 300/420
    Fri 300/230
    Sat 300/540
    Sun 300/795
    Total 1800/3605

I lost 0.6lb

Looking forward to the next challenge :smile:

Fae XX
  • Purple_Lurple
    Options
    Final Totals:

Tues: 372
    Weds: 658
    Thurs: 160
    Fri: 572
    Sat: 81
    Sun: 193

Total: 2036

Weight last Monday: 179lbs
    Weight today: 176.6

Total loss for this week: 2.4lbs (I think, my maths is as bad as my spelling!)

Loving this challenge! Great work everyone!