how many calories did you burn today?

Options
how many cals do you burn each day? do you vary it or do you average the same cals burned each day over a week?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    how many cals do you burn each day? do you vary it or do you average the same cals burned each day over a week?
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I usually burn about 450 calories a day walking!

It is enough to make me feel like I am human and not a rabbit---those few extra calories make all the difference!123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM so I generally half my calories so that I don't overestimate. So I normally burn about 150 on my strength training days and 300 on my cardio days. :flowerforyou:

I would LOVE to have a HRM and eat more. :laugh:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Walking uphill on the treadmill for 30 mn and then I shred-it totals to about 450:smile:
  • iamjeffb
    iamjeffb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    70 min in the gym today both cardio and weights 1,020 - I really hit it today. Norm. I range from mid 700's to 1000 on days I go to the gym.

Thankfully I'm so out of shape that I can burn that many :laugh:
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    TODAY I WENT FOR 2.5 HOURS=150MINS AND I BURNED 1591 CALORIES THATS JUST THE TREADMILL, ELLIPTICAL WITH BARS, ELLIPTICAL CROSSTRAINER, WATER AEROBICS. I WENT TO THE GYM AT 9AM-1PM, I ALSO DO SOME STREGTH TRAINING ON A FEW MACHINES AND SITUPS ON A DECLINING BENCH.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It ranges greatly for me. Some days I just do yoga, and I burn relatively few. Others days I do cardio classes and lots of circuit training and burn closer to 900. I have had a couple days of 1200 calories burned but really it's more than I need or have time for now.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    close to 750
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    600. No lower than 450-up to 850. We'll see on my new HRM, I'm afraid it's less. P90X says you should burn about 600 though and it's an intense program, so hopefully I'm on par. I really don't knpw how people burn over 1000. Maybe my HRM is wrong.:huh:
  • bishop7705
    Options
    iamjeffb,

Nice eighty-deuce background.

I usually burn ~900/day
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 1640, which is high. I usually burn b/t 800-1000. Today I rode my bike 22 miles, which burned 900, plus I walked the dog 2 miles and did bodypump tonight.

Tomorrow I will do some strength training and spin class so I will probably hit 850 or so. It is supposed to rain so the dog will be stuck inside with me!
  • healthy_me
    Options
    I burned about 1100. One hour cardio at the gym, 30 minutes strength training, walk to and from work.
  • ggabald
    ggabald Posts: 14
    Options
    I just started exercising again late November and burn 500 to 550 calories every other day on my stationary bike. When I go over my daily calorie allowance, I get back on the bike before bedtime.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I usually burn about 1000 calories a day. I love the elliptical and do high intensity slower or low intensity faster and it comes out the same amount of calories.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Lordy be I dont burn near the cals ya'll are doing....I need my recumbant :sad: My aquiles is really hindering my ability to get my cardio in. But must say even my 300, I am noticing a huge difference in my achy joints...sore back and plain old couch potatoenes....is that a word????????

GO GREEN!
  • Felixanvk
    Options
    I burned 250 and I did sit ups and other things like that. Monday and Wed. I try to burn at least 400 calories. And in between I use weight to burn some fat.:happy:
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    603 calories yesterday in 1hr 45 mins playing the Wii Fit :smile:

I love it, its great when I dont feel like going to the gym.
  • dirtydserieswoot
    Options
    hopefully 600 with p90x..
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Weds. 1392
  • iamjeffb
    iamjeffb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    iamjeffb,

Nice eighty-deuce background.

I usually burn ~900/day

Thank you! Did you serve? I'm guessing so since you spotted the AA. 82nd was the first unit I served with back in...well, we'll keep that a secret lol.