Best beach body workout for beginners

Options
What are the best beach body programs for beginners?

Replies

• workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have done a few. Most can be modified. What are you looking at?
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I did P90X3 and loved it. I was completely out of shape when I started. The workouts are only 30 minutes or so, but you do have to work out 6 days per week. I lost 30 lbs over the 90 day program. You do have to watch what you eat to lose weight though. At the beginning, I couldn't do 1 push up on my toes. By the end, I was doing 180, and I was able to do plyo push ups. You just have to keep pushing yourself to do the full moves, even if it's just 1 or 2 to start. Keep increasing from there.
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I just started p90x3 as well...well started again...I did it last year and loved it!!! Sooo I am 1 week into it again and loving it just as much!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X3 as well:).
  • Gr84cstr
    Gr84cstr Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    P90X is good, but the workouts were long (45-60 mins). P90X3 incorporates the same concept, but in 30-minute sessions. I enjoyed both and am now doing Body Beast (weight lifting) with some P90X3 mixed in for variety.
  • gettingfit2017
    gettingfit2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have done T25, 21 day Fix and Chalean Extreme. Love all of them for different reasons. What are your goals? Are you mainly looking for cardio, strength training or a combo of both?
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For good cardio, country heat is great (but I guess a love for country music would be a must for it)
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    10 minute trainer was a good start bc the workouts are so short, eases you in. After a couple weeks of that I went to T25 alpha which was also a shorter workout. I moved onto PiYo from there. Depends what type of workout you enjoy. I love PiYo, but t25 was a struggle.

If you've not been working out or not in shape I'd recommend 10 minute trainer, you build up tolerance so quick you'll probably be ready to do something more in a couple weeks.

I have a friend who is obsessed with country heat, if you're into country music and enjoy dancing.
  • Mellybean1183
    Mellybean1183 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I definitely consider myself a beginner and I'm currently doing the 21 day fix workouts. So far I love them. There is a modifier for each workout which is nice because there's only a few moves I can do without her! But so far so good
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I'm dong Core de Force right now and it's amazing. Modifications are provided. It's mixed martial arts.
  • shaun823
    shaun823 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd shoot for Insanity. It's an excellent workout for beginners or advanced. If it feels to difficult or too easy, just adjust your intensity to accommodate your fitness level.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Jam and Hip Hop Abs:)
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90X3 as well:).

Ooooh nice!! Are you loving it????
  • jayleeskinner
    jayleeskinner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • 4handicapbp7
    4handicapbp7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try the new 22 minute hard corps.....I love it
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    shaun823 wrote: »
    I'd shoot for Insanity. It's an excellent workout for beginners or advanced. If it feels to difficult or too easy, just adjust your intensity to accommodate your fitness level.

I love insanity, and would highly recommend it (or insanity max30) but not for a beginner.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    These are all good answers but without knowing what your actual goals are, it's impossible to know if they are goo answers for you...
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    shaun823 wrote: »

I love insanity, and would highly recommend it (or insanity max30) but not for a beginner.

Max 30 has modifiers for every move, so it can absolutely be done by a beginner. The important take home from Insanity workouts is YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO AS FAST AS THE PEOPLE IN THE VIDEO. Do your best, rest when you need to, and keep trying to get better. Work safely and keep it under control and you will be fine as a beginner.

Again, without goals though I don't know if this is the right thing for you.
  • jayleeskinner
    jayleeskinner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Looking for cardiovascular and toning
  • singletrackmtbr
    Options
    Looking for cardiovascular and toning

Insanity will definitely give you a cardio workout. "toning" is really about losing fat and gaining muscle. It's difficult but not impossible to do both at the same time.

If you're restricting yourself to beachbody workouts one day of the the p90x programs might be you best bet. You'll get strength as well as some conditioning.

I'm assuming your nutrition is locked in? If not it is won't matter what workout you choose!