Salmon recipes (Show me your dinner!)

Options
locacrazysister
locacrazysister Posts: 8 Member
I'm making salmon for dinner and am at a lack of ideas for recipes! I'm open to all recipes! Please help me out! Skin on salmon baked, pan fried, slow cooked on sauce? I'm open!

Replies

• nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I did salmon a couple of weeks ago. I combined parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, and garlic powder, and patted it on the top of the salmon as a "crust". Baked it skin-side down.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I almost always bake it skin-on, but then don't eat the skin. Leftovers are great tossed in a salad
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I love this firecracker salmon. I have used honey or maple syrup in place of the agave nectar.

http://thetoastedpinenut.com/baked-firecracker-salmon/
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite for fifteen years!

u5mepajl99qj.jpg
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Teriayki salmon is my absolute favorite
  • TheSunAndTheRainfall
    Options
    Mix a teaspoon of honey with a tablespoon of mustard and spread over your salmon. Wrap it loosely in foil, skin side down, and bake for around 20 mins. Meanwhile, cook a small amount of egg noodles, drain and add a dash of sesame oil (or to really keep calories low, just some soy sauce). Finely chop a spring onion in with the noodles for extra crunch, and some dried chilli flakes if you like some heat. Take the salmon out, leaving the skin on the foil, and place on top of the noodles, sprinkle with dill and serve with some steamed green beans and maybe a dollop of low-sugar sweet chilli sauce.
  • msfutureskinnyminnie
    Options
    I am making a mayo parmesan cheese baked salmon for dinner....never made it before ..will let you know
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I need at least 24 hours to do salmon, but it also involves a smoker. Got some nice maple smoked salmon in the fridge now that is excellent.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,880 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I prefer KISS (Keep It Simple Salmon). Bake in oven set to 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from baking sheet to plate, top with melted garlic/seasoned salt butter, serve with bed of white rice and butter-sautéed mushrooms.

In fact, I'm gonna have some tonight...
  • annmartin0929
    annmartin0929 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    buc00bjtih34.jpg
    Blackened Salmon...DELISH!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Works for any of the family: salmon, trout, char. The picture is rainbow trout from last night: salt, herbe de Provence (will supplement with dried fennel), broil. Easy Peasy. Perfect every time.

itmz9kj90ce2.jpg

• hoebergennz
    hoebergennz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had this tonight, pecan crusted salmon, really yummy!

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/10323/pecan-crusted-salmon.aspx
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    I prefer KISS (Keep It Simple Salmon). Bake in oven set to 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove from baking sheet to plate, top with melted garlic/seasoned salt butter, serve with bed of white rice and butter-sautéed mushrooms.

In fact, I'm gonna have some tonight...

Now THIS is a thread I can appreciate, love salmon ... all salmon, but simpler is better since it's such a uniquely distinct fish. All other preps - in parchment, crusted, stews, sushi/sashimi, etc. are all OK and good, but I'm in the simple crowd for this topic.

Baked or broiled, a little butter, dill, lemon, salt, pepper. Maybe a few other aromatics. The best salmon I've ever had was camping with my relatives on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington - fresh caught, cooked in a camp stove, simple.
  • baconwine
    baconwine Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Equal parts Grainy mustard and maple syrup
    Salt and Pepper
    Bake in the oven on tin foil.

I usually do 1/4 cup of each for a 2-3 portion piece of salmon. I hope that makes sense.
    Anyway, you can add other things in to mix it up or just the basic ingredients.
    I have done fresh dill, garlic and here's de Provence or Italian seasoning and onions.
    Whatever you feel like....