What was everyone's motivation?

Options
13»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I was interested in finding out everyone's motivation to lose weight or gain muscle.

I felt like crap.
    Looked like crap.
    I couldn't do the things I wanted.
    Quality of life was effected by laziness and self-righteous overindulgence.

I corrected that.

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I was in my mid-40s and I felt old and invisible. I didn't like that. I decided I would work toward becoming the most fit version of myself I could be. And I did!
    My active lifestyle has improved my life in myriad ways.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Being hot again
    Not dying of a heart attack and or getting diabetes

• DiamondCookies
    DiamondCookies Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Trying to learn self-care beyond brushing teeth and having a decent skincare routine.
    Giving myself control over my mental disorders.
    Having a fictional character based upon a dead author believe that I'm hot.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't like drugs. My doctor said I could either lose weight or take more drugs. So I lost weight. Now I don't take drugs.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    In 2012 I was 65 yo and weighed 376#.
    My youngest son was concerned about my health and gave me THE TALK. He said whenever the family talked to me about my weight I just blew them off.

That brought back memories of how my siblings and I would talk to my Mom about her drinking but she never changed and died at age 54.

I promised him I WOULD do something. I joined WW 1/17/13. I have lost -149.4# and weigh 226.6. I gained a whole new Lifestyle, including water aerobics, lap swimming, long walks with Sadie (dog) and now do volunteer work at LPGA event and at local SPCA.

My son just called me tonight and I Thanked him for that talk. When I began I was only 24# away from 400#? Two more pounds off and I will be only 24# away from 200# Then ONEDERLAND
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    girls.

*shrug
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I'm the one on the left. I want to be the one on the right.

03qgzuatb5xq.jpg
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    To, at the very least, be back here before June.

dstbp4erc12o.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I have been lifting since I was 17, with years off due to life. I got back into working out not long before my divorce and lost about 10 lbs due to the stress of going through the divorce. I love lifting and it's my biggest stress relief, so I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. My goal is not to lose weight, but to be fit AF.

Nails.

And....

Mad Re5pext !
  • mattg5566
    mattg5566 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I was in the military all my joints took an extreme amount of abuse, and developed OA. After my last visit with the orthopedic: he said if I didn't lose about 30 pounds and start exercising I would be a prime canadate for knee, shoulder, hip replacements, and at my age it would be multiple times. So with 23 pounds gone and in nearly as good in shape as when I was in the military and feel much better, I think I will continue with this exercise thing.