What do you eat sweet fix after meals that's healthy

Options
I can do savory but sometimes crave sweet fix , l made coconut lemon balls kept dem in the freezer picked at them . I am trying to eat reduced carb minimum refine d sugar , but crave a sugar hit quickly recipes ideas please

Replies

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    homemade cookies. I control how much sugar and butter I use, and calculate the calorie about using the recipe builder on here.

any kind of fruits. Maybe frozen fruits to be made into a fruit smoothie.
  • 890emma
    890emma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did see recipe for flour free muffins l am trying to avoid processed sugar and flour
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    You might try apple chips. They're pretty good, especially with cinnamon on them. Peanut butter and honey on celery sticks is tasty too, though that may be a bit too carb-heavy. Also, depending on your carb allotment, a plain baked sweet potato might be a good option.
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat an orange. They're in season right now and delicious.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I have a little ice cream, or some chocolate. Sometimes a protein shake. Lost 100lbs eating like this.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Usually something sweet, but with protein. If I just do chocolate or fruit I don't hit my protein goal for the day. So, Halo Top ice cream, protein shakes or protein fluff. If I've met my goal and don't have much room, a lower calorie hot chocolate with almond milk.

Or tea.
  • jlcarter1975
    jlcarter1975 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I found a low carb truffle recipe online that included dark baking chocolate, truvia and heavy whipping cream. If you like dark chocolate, they are very tasty.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Fruit? Clementines are small and really are as sweet as any sweet you could get (and so, so good). I'm also obsessed with pears lately, but that might be too many carbs for you (you can bake pears also, which makes them basically a dessert, and I bet whipped cream would be nice on them).

If you do protein powder, a protein shake with strawberries or blueberries in it?

Really depends on how low your carbs are whether any of these would work.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Diet pop helps me with my sweet tooth
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream (so I can control the amount of sugar) is my go to if I want a dessert-dessert but still stick to my carb limit (50g). Otherwise fruit is my go to - oranges, bananas, pears etc. are incredibly sweet and feel like a genuine indulgence these days considering I usually only eat berries.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bars!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    A piece of chocolate, a cookie or sometimes Greek yogurt with a tsp. of honey or maple syrup and fresh berries.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I feel like a broken record as I'm constantly recommending this!

Google protein sludge and protein fluff. Both are filling, tasty and have better macros than the usual dessert type foods.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Heat up a small pan, with water, while washing off and slicing an apple. When the water is hot, toss the apple slices in along with the spices of your choice (I like cinnamon sugar, a touch of ground ginger, a little all spice). Poach till the apple slices are tender, and let the spiced water reduce to a sauce.

Eat just as is, or you can use this as a topping, or as a filling. You could also combine with toasted nuts/pumpkin/sunflower seeds. You could poach raisins/craisins in there too.

Lemurcat, you could do this with pears!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,270 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt mixed with frozen fruit (sweet cherries are excellent) and chocolate PB2 peanut butter powder. Add a few dry-roasted peanuts and/or a couple teaspoons of unsweetened coconut flakes if you have the calories for it. This is a little sweet, not super-sweet, but I have to admit I don't like hyper-sweet stuff.

Not a recipe, but the sweeter types of unsweetened dried fruit are good, too, but watch the portion size. I like dates, mangoes, prunes especially.

Perfectly ripe tropical fruits: Mango, papaya, pineapple, guava . . . .
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Banana or apple with peanut butter or greek yogurt, Quest protein bar, protein fluff, diet soda (or make one with club soda and Crystal lite type powder), popcorn, pretzels, dark chocolate chips, dried tart cherries...
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    1/2 c. of slow-churned ice cream is 100-120 calories. I consume this as a nightly ritual.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream (so I can control the amount of sugar) is my go to if I want a dessert-dessert but still stick to my carb limit (50g).

Interesting. I don't think of whipped cream as having sugar at all. (We've always whipped it at home and never added any.)

Agree it's great on fruit.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream (so I can control the amount of sugar) is my go to if I want a dessert-dessert but still stick to my carb limit (50g).

Interesting. I don't think of whipped cream as having sugar at all. (We've always whipped it at home and never added any.)

Agree it's great on fruit.

I've never had a whipped cream that wasn't sweetened - I didn't know that was a thing! But it makes sense now that I think about it, for the longest while I added cream to my coffee for that touch of sweetness. A tablespoon of sugar and a splash of vanilla extract is what I use in my whipped cream when I make it (which isn't often) but I'll leave it out next time and see what I think.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bakers chocolate, low carb, low calorie, low sugar, it's really become preferred for me over other chocolates