Replies

• anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Grapes!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Red bell peppers kill the sweet cravings. Raw.
  • terbok
    terbok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Grapes, clementine or if I really want chocolate a sugar free fudge popsicle that is only 40 calories.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    booboo68 wrote: »

true this. i'm back on a big grated-carrot-with-can-of-pineapple thing right now, but the red peppers and oranges both do it too.

i'd say dried apricots except i just keep going with them. i have some sweetened dried cranberries in the fridge that have helped me out now and then too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sliced strawberries and homemade whipped cream (so I can control the amount of sugar) is my go to if I want a dessert-dessert but still stick to my carb limit (50g).

Interesting. I don't think of whipped cream as having sugar at all. (We've always whipped it at home and never added any.)

Agree it's great on fruit.

I've never had a whipped cream that wasn't sweetened - I didn't know that was a thing! But it makes sense now that I think about it, for the longest while I added cream to my coffee for that touch of sweetness. A tablespoon of sugar and a splash of vanilla extract is what I use in my whipped cream when I make it (which isn't often) but I'll leave it out next time and see what I think.

This^

Sugar and vanilla. But it doesn't take much sugar at all (2 Tbl per cup). I saw a cooking show that added quite a bit of sugar not necessary.
  • TMW2119
    TMW2119 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had a mango the other day that changed my life. It was like eating candy.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I like to core an apple and fill it with cinnamon, walnuts and raisins. Nuke it soft. You may sprinkle an artificial sweetener on if that's your thing but I find the apple sweet enough.
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm really into dried fruits, as well as fresh. Dates are a great sweet tooth fix
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    booboo68 wrote: »

true this. i'm back on a big grated-carrot-with-can-of-pineapple thing right now, but the red peppers and oranges both do it too.

i'd say dried apricots except i just keep going with them. i have some sweetened dried cranberries in the fridge that have helped me out now and then too.

Carrot and pineapple, eh? Haven't tried it - think I need to. Sounds tasty!
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    890emma wrote: »
    I can do savory but sometimes crave sweet fix , l made coconut lemon balls kept dem in the freezer picked at them . I am trying to eat reduced carb minimum refine d sugar , but crave a sugar hit quickly recipes ideas please

Dates! I've been eating them after every meal! Filled with fiber and also very sweet and natural.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    890emma wrote: »
    I can do savory but sometimes crave sweet fix , l made coconut lemon balls kept dem in the freezer picked at them . I am trying to eat reduced carb minimum refine d sugar , but crave a sugar hit quickly recipes ideas please

Dates! I've been eating them after every meal! Filled with fiber and also very sweet and natural.

Also dates with a blob of cream cheese (caloric) or ricotta cheese (less caloric), and perhaps an almond or a bit of unsweetened coconut. Add natural orange extract to the cheese for extra yum.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

i love carrots but on their own they can be a little bit . . . idk, either bland or chewy or something. and also almost too sweet. when i was a kid there was always either orange or pineapple chunks to moisten things up and give a little tartness, and i just kept on that way.

oranges, speaking of. i'm also on a huge kick right now of breaking an orange into segments and then freezing them. room-temperature oranges are kind of meh in my mind, but when they're partially frozen they're one of my favourite things.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

i love carrots but on their own they can be a little bit . . . idk, either bland or chewy or something. and also almost too sweet. when i was a kid there was always either orange or pineapple chunks to moisten things up and give a little tartness, and i just kept on that way.

oranges, speaking of. i'm also on a huge kick right now of breaking an orange into segments and then freezing them. room-temperature oranges are kind of meh in my mind, but when they're partially frozen they're one of my favourite things.

Probably harder to get good oranges up in Canada. I grew up with them growing in my backyard.

A good way of picking a good orange is to sniff the navel. You can pick up on the quality there.

... Now I totally need to freeze orange segments! Fantastic idea!
  • adelasculean
    adelasculean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think someone said it but dried mangos
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating fresh pineapple heated on a george forman. Maybe a little amount of golden syrup
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I like a peice of fruit (a plum or something sweet and sour) with a little peanut butter.

Sweet, sour, salt, fat, all in one.
  • triandtry
    triandtry Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Try one Adora Dark Chocolate Calcium supplements, with Vitamin D, made with high quality organic chocolate...taste good, healthy (especially good for women re: osteoporosis risk), and only 30 calories :)
    http://www.adoracalcium.com
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Some 85% or over dark chocolate or dates are good (just like one or two pieces usually though)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    A protein shake made with Syntrax Whey Shake Chocolate and Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Almond Milk hits the spot almost every time.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    chocolate protien shake :)