Dukan diet

Options
Anyone tried this? I know it all comes back down to the calories anyway but I'm just curious about it.

Replies

• federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have, for like 2 days, but I quit because I had no energy, felt hungry all the time, found no joy in eating (since I was just eating meat, fish and eggs...).
    I have friends who followed it for some time and got quick result.
    I guess it works for someone that doesn't love eating like me but just eats to stay alive, and is also strong enough to resist the adjustment to a no-carb diet.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @cassiekimbrough104 I tried it.....oooo it was hard. Doing 5:2 (Fast Diet) now, much easier. Best wishes.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    tried it, but decided life is too short to not eat carbs! while I would do the 'attack' phase again if necessary to drop some quick weight, could never do it for the rest of my life!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    While I don't object to lowering carbs, and while I support eliminating carbs that cause cravings, Dukan is unnecessarily complicated, imho.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    poemomma wrote: »
    I did it for more than a year. Adored it.

Looked great. Felt great.

Thought I could skip the consolidation phase and be fine - two years later, i'm up about 20 pounds and ready to start again.

Not gonna lie: attack and cruse are brutal. But so effective. Never plateaued.

Weight loss means nothing if you can't sustain the loss long term. Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on what's realistic and sustainable for you, for the rest of your life? Why make things more complicated and difficult than it needs to be? No need to box yourself in with arbitrary rules and restrictions- as you've already discovered that's not sustainable and just leads to adherance failure. The only thing you need to do for weight loss and maintenance is eat the correct amount of calories for your weight goals :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    I did it. I lost nearly 20lbs in 2.5 months. I stopped because it is unsustainable. I gained back 25lbs. What more do you need to know?
    This is true of, what 90% of people who lose weight, regardless of the approach, sadly.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I did it. I lost nearly 20lbs in 2.5 months. I stopped because it is unsustainable. I gained back 25lbs. What more do you need to know?

That you didn't learn good eating patterns and how to track calories.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Exactly. It isn't sustainable. I didn't fail for any reason other than that because it didn't help me change the behaviours that led me to be obese.

Also I was miserable. Meat, meat, meat. Once you get passed QAttack, the veggie list is limited and meat is still supposed to be the majority of your plate.

Carbs are nice. With CICO I can eat them.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Exactly. It isn't sustainable. I didn't fail for any reason other than that because it didn't help me change the behaviours that led me to be obese.

Also I was miserable. Meat, meat, meat. Once you get passed QAttack, the veggie list is limited and meat is still supposed to be the majority of your plate.

Carbs are nice. With CICO I can eat them.

Glad that you've learned this and sound like you've got your thought process on track. Best of luck.
  • valentina5777
    valentina5777 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I did dukan a few years ago and had great success. I'm starting again today and would appreciate any buddies who want to keep track of each other's progress
  • ekd23
    ekd23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did it for a couple of weeks to jump start weight loss, but found it too restrictive, so switched to CICO. I didn't gain anything back, but knew I wouldn't be able to maintain such a strict diet.