What's your favorite indoor at home workout?

Looking for some suggestions for workouts that are indoor (snowy here) and at home (I'm a stay at home mom and live over an hour from the closest gym) i have a kettle bell, light dumbbells (5 pounds), yoga mat, but could buy any other small equipment needed! Hit me with your favorites

Replies

• exercisetofitness
    exercisetofitness Posts: 11 Member
    I like the rebounder . And was doing alot of beach body .like julian m ....cheap and 30 minutes on most .
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    edited January 2017
    You haven't mentioned your goals. If you're looking for cardio I'd go with Insanity. It requires no equipment and will kick your butt. If you're looking for strength training I'd go with bodyweight workouts (which will get you much better results IMO than working with 5# db's).

A pullup bar and assist band would be on my short list as well, but pullups aren't for everyone. Good luck!

I almost forgot. Someone showed me Darebee.com this morning. Check it out.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2017
    Jessica Smith TV - lots of different options to choose from

http://jessicasmithtv.com/exercise-videos/

For equipment - I like my rebounder too. Look for Bellicon workouts on YouTube.
  • superjohn71
    superjohn71 Posts: 20 Member
    Look for fitnessblender on YouTube, I find their many workouts really useful.
  • Justjayde1984
    Justjayde1984 Posts: 187 Member
    I love my stepper. Blast music and can easily burn 300 calories in half hour. Quick and efficient xx
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    I love 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels - on you tube. I'm a mum too and find it a great short sharp shock type of work out to fit in around kids routine. You need dumbells and a mat.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    FitnessBlender!!

It's all I use!
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Any of Leslie Sansone's 'Walk At Home' Videos :) You can find some on Youtube that are brilliant and they are an excellent workout. You can do this at any intensity for any length of time but follow the video and after 15 minutes, you've walked 1 mile! I love Walking at Home <3
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    KaelaLee88 wrote: »
    Any of Leslie Sansone's 'Walk At Home' Videos :) You can find some on Youtube that are brilliant and they are an excellent workout. You can do this at any intensity for any length of time but follow the video and after 15 minutes, you've walked 1 mile! I love Walking at Home <3

Monthly Challenges........http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    TRX and DDR
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    You Tube, WW circuit training video, WII Fit, Just Dance, yoga, tai chi..
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    The public library has tons of exercise videos to rent for free
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    I love Jillian michaels. I own most of her workouts and do them 6 days per week. For fun cardio I second Leslie sansone workouts. I think she is a really fun person to workout with.
  • Aidan2552
    Aidan2552 Posts: 16 Member
    Planks, twists, crunches, push ups, pull ups, dips, mountain climbers, leg raises, dorsal raises...

Then do more planks.
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Sexerice
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    I want to third fitness blender. It's AWESOME. Hundreds of workouts, you can pick type, intensity, length, and equipment.
  • Mellybean1183
    Mellybean1183 Posts: 28 Member
    I agree with the Leslie Sansone videos. I have several of hers that I've used off and on over the years. I've always been kind of a sporadic exerciser though, and in recent years I really haven't exercised at all. Now I'm starting back up again and I'm doing 21 day fix. So far I like the workouts a lot
  • shaun823
    shaun823 Posts: 28 Member
    I have TRX at home that I love, it's fun and effective. I have a heavy bag hanging in my basement for punching and kicking (I'm a martial artist) which is my favorite thing to do if I'm trying to go at home for 45-60 minutes. P90X and even the 90 YogaX are great. Insanity is excellent for cardio and requires very little space. Other times I just make up routines, for example:

10 air squats (sometimes squat jumps or lunges)
    10 mountain climbers (4 count)
    10 push-ups
    10 sit-ups

I go through that 10 times for a total of 100 reps each. It's very simple and effective if you only have 15-20 to spare. I just mix up a bunch of routines depending on how long I want to workout for. Sometimes it's nice to have these short ones when you just need to get off the couch or kickstart that metabolism in the morning.

• KatyBell164
    KatyBell164 Posts: 104 Member
    Thank you all so much! I've written each of these down to try out! Thank you again