Went from weight on right to pic on left

Options
rhhs1279yr3c.png

Took me only about 6 months to loose it all. Lost most in first couple of months.

Daily commitment to no comfort or binge eating. Intermittent fasting.

I start respecting my body instead of punishing myself by binging.

Exercised lots and ate little.

Went from being miserable and depressed to extremely happy and energised, sociable etc.

Good luck to everyone out there.

Replies

• valentina5777
    valentina5777 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations on all your hard work! You look amazing !!! ❤️❤️❤️
  • samanthamurphy7
    samanthamurphy7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations on all your hard work! You look amazing !!! ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks a lot :)
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look completely different, well done
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Well done and you look great. I also am a binge eater and have been doing much better since I started exercising more. You are right-it's about respecting the body you were given!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Awwww! So fantastic! Big congratulations! What was your starting and finishing weight?
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • samanthamurphy7
    Options
    Thanks everybody!

Overall I went from 70kg to 54kg! (I'm 54 in this picture) 16Kg loss (started MFP after loosing a little already). BUT in 2016 I start to relax, get into old habits and gain more weight, so currently 57kg! :/ Christmas weaknesses didn't help, so I am highly motivated now to do what I did before and get that weight down quick.

I find I'm an addict with certain foods, so I need to go cold turkey with those foods. I don't behave normally with them. I binge eat in secret etc.

So anybody feel free to add me and we can help each other out!

My current goal is to keep carbs and calories down and go to the gym everyday this week! :)
  • samanthamurphy7
    Options
    b9xr3klqvmc6.jpg

I currently look like this, so need to loose a fair bit to get back to 54kg, but still a total loss of 13kg!

Also got my extensions out. WANT them back !! haha.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What mentally changed for you? How did you make your daily commitment stick?
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! It's hard work over coming binge eating. You are rocking it!!!
  • pussinboots311273
    Options
    Well done that's amazing!
  • samanthamurphy7
    Options
    EmbeeKay wrote: »
    What mentally changed for you? How did you make your daily commitment stick?

My relationship at the time was ending slowly, and we were both kind of living separate lives and then I was chatting to other people when it fizzled out. That was one part of my motivation in a way!

Another part was a friend at work, who was extremely active and fit. Spending a lot of time with her, I realised that even when I thought I was being 'good' on my diet, say if we went for dinner etc... she thought she was doing bad! I started to mimic her attitude to food, and realised that I was eating WAY too much even when I thought I wasn't!! Also after work I'd be dropping her home and asking her what she was going to eat, and it was always LESS than what I had in mind for myself! lol. Also, she was always going to the gym, even when we had long tiring days!

I mentally allowed myself to enjoy the feeling of hunger at night-time (not in an extreme way), but in a healthy way if that makes sense!! I trained myself into saying NO in the evening and looked forward to my porridge in the morning!! See you have to understand that for a long time I went to bed with an extremely full stomach after binging!

This is going to sound mental, but I went to Lourdes in September 2013 as a teacher with a group of my students and it seemed to give me extra motivation/ willpower. I'm not going to say whether I think it was a spiritual thing or not, but something changed anyway. It was probably the atmosphere there and the whole feel and vibe of the place! This is around the time when I lost most of my weight!

Another thing that helped me was intermittent fasting. It sounds unhealthy but I lost SOO much doing it and had more energy than ever! A few days a week I didn't eat until 1pm. But I didn't add in the calories later in the day. I know people will criticise me for doing so, but it worked for me, and as I said, I have never felt better or more energised than when doing that!

Also I play football for a team, and my Polar app clocks in about 7-900 calories per training session, and more for a match. I went the extra mile then when I start loosing (seeing results) and went to my sisters to do short TRX session after football!

So I did cut my calories more than you should. I'm not going to lie. I'm not recommending it to anyone else, but it worked extremely well for me!

My sister also did if. She had two children and the belief that she could never loose the baby weight. I got her to do what I do and she got down to my weight too and size 8-10 UK jeans from a size 16.

• samanthamurphy7
    Options
    Thanks everybody xx
  • alphastarz
    alphastarz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look great and I'm happy for you, job well done. Just so you know, even if I don't think intermittent fasting is right for me (previous diabetes and gall bladder issues), I don't think it sounds crazy and I'm certainly not going to criticize anyone for finding something that worked for them. If anyone does start sending negative vibes your way, ignore them sweetie!
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, I too have a real issue with binging and have to go low carb and cold turkey to try and control the demons. Thank you for this post as it has made me realise I can transform like this too if I can stay dedicated. Will add you so that I can see your diary to get food tips :-)
  • samanthamurphy7
    Options
    You look amazing, I too have a real issue with binging and have to go low carb and cold turkey to try and control the demons. Thank you for this post as it has made me realise I can transform like this too if I can stay dedicated. Will add you so that I can see your diary to get food tips :-)

The binging is the worst isn't it!! I always think of myself as a recovering addict lol!

Thanks for the add. Feel free to message anytime! I'm currently trying to get from 57kg to 54 at the minute to need lots of motivational friends to stay on track! :p

Best of luck. Have faith. Remember, food is for fuel not for pleasure! (At least not for a while hahaha)
  • samanthamurphy7
    Options
    alphastarz wrote: »
    You look great and I'm happy for you, job well done. Just so you know, even if I don't think intermittent fasting is right for me (previous diabetes and gall bladder issues), I don't think it sounds crazy and I'm certainly not going to criticize anyone for finding something that worked for them. If anyone does start sending negative vibes your way, ignore them sweetie!

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Will deco disregard the haters lol.

Good luck on your journey :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!