Back and need help!

Options
2.5 years ago I lost all the weight got down to goal.. then bam.. pregnant.

Now I'm back, with all the weight.

Last time I did WW but their new plan is terrible!

So I need help setting macros and calorie goal.

I'm around 170, need to dig out scale, 5 ft, female and 26.

What macros would I stick too?

I'll be doing workout videos 5 times a week? Like beachbody workouts..

Replies

• emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Welcome back! I would let MFP set your calorie goal for sedentary, set goal to lose .5 to 1 lb a week, and log your exercise calories and eat back at least some of those calories. I am doing a beach body program (insanity max30) and I estimate the burn (the number I picked is slightly lower than what I get if I log it as circuit training). I don't pay that close of attention to macros (but protein is the centerpiece of every meal), so someone else will have to help you with that. I've had great results using the numbers MFP gives me . You've done it before, you can do it again!
  • Mommy2two_2
    Mommy2two_2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    With my height I always get a 1200 cal I have 50 lbs to lose at least so 1200 doesn't give me any room to drop when I get smaller
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    With my height I always get a 1200 cal I have 50 lbs to lose at least so 1200 doesn't give me any room to drop when I get smaller

Did you choose 2 lbs per week? If so, choose 1 lb to get some more calories. Also remember you are supposed to log your workouts, and can eat back some of those calories.

Sometimes it's better to lose a bit more slowly if it will be easier to stick with. I had to do that, and while it would have been nice to lose faster, I probably wouldn't have stuck with it long enough to get to my goal LOL!
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My average net calories for the past 6 months have been around 1300. For the first month I didn't even log exercise calories but that was overly ambitious and not sustainable. Now I my exercise calories and I exercise a lot so I can eat more. I've lost 23 lbs in those 6 months, even though I'm only set to lose .5 lb a week.
  • Mommy2two_2
    Mommy2two_2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. When plugged in it was a huge difference changing from 2 lbs a week!

Should I stick to their macros? 8 cannot remember what I used at the end of my journey last go. I lost 40 last time.. and I have 50 lbs to go now!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    If you're not sure, start with MFP macros. Macros dont directly matter for weight loss, but can affect satiety. If you struggle with hunger, play around with your macros until you find what works.

I personally found I needed a bit higher protein to feel satiated at the right cals, but that will be different for everyone. Good luck!