Dry January

Options

Replies

• Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I believe I have everyone invited to join this group who has responded. If not please let me know or search for dry January 2017 in groups and I will approve you to join.
  • magcowling
    magcowling Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give it my best. Starting today.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    yup every year
  • Arismum
    Arismum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just put in my request to join the group.
  • Deebs708
    Deebs708 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in too
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it as well! I love taking January off, it's a nice break from football season
  • Kelly4773
    Kelly4773 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying to go dry until the Boston Marathon (Big challenge for this glass of wine a night girl!!)
  • tim201200
    tim201200 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Feel free to add me folks
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    No wine for New Years
    No wine with pasta dinner
    No wine for supper tonight. Jan 2.
  • cydnee33
    cydnee33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dry January, February and March :)
  • SusanofRockwood
    Options
    Here we are. January 6. Still dry.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    yup no alcohol for me started on Jan 2nd... probably for longer than just January though
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I want to join if it's not too late
  • ekfulton
    ekfulton Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm in! Dry for seven days! Actually easier to say " no " to my nightly wine habit than I thought it could be!
  • SusanofRockwood
    Options
    Almost halfway. Thanks for the forum
  • ahkelteke
    ahkelteke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am! I've cut all alcohol and fast food (including Starbucks). I'm being more thoughtful about the meals I cook and the snacks I eat, drinking more water, and exercising more consistently. Since the 1st, I've lost 9 pounds... 4 more pounds and I'll be at my goal weight. Yahoo! Beyond that, I just feel better! I do miss my pinot grigio, though!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing dry January this year?

I'm in for 2024. I've done it the last two years, and it's okay. It is a little thing. Like making your bed in the morning starts your day off with a win. Dry January starts the years off with a nice accomplishment.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    This went over like a wet paper bag....Perhaps I was a bit premature, it might be a New Years Day kind of thought.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    This went over like a wet paper bag....Perhaps I was a bit premature, it might be a New Years Day kind of thought.

You might have a better response starting a new thread than reviving one from 2016/2017. People see the old date and think it's an old challenge, not a current one.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »

You might have a better response starting a new thread than reviving one from 2016/2017. People see the old date and think it's an old challenge, not a current one.

Ah, you are right. I thought it was in the motivation category, not the challenge category.