Do you eat junk food you crave?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yep. I find when I try to ignore the craving and eat some "healthy" substitute I end up eating a dozen different things and 10 times more calories trying to find that satisfaction than if I just ate the thing I wanted in the first place.
  • 890emma
    890emma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I replace it with a healthy snacks that l actually want and like but sometimes just have to have what you want my problem is this could be a daily habit so often have some quick healthy snak stash
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I continue to eat all the foods. After Christmas I stocked up on reduced price Lindt and Ghirardelli chocolates. The cashier asked me what I do with them. I told him that I'll eat them. He looked at me funny and said that he'd never have guessed it.
  • dfc4
    dfc4 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have one "chest evening" per week on friday afternoon - evening i eat whatever i want for a few hours.
    i have dont this since August and i have found that my craving for junk & sugar has gone away.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I won't completely cut anything out. This is a permanent lifestyle for me. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life deprived and miserable when there's NO need for that. So I eat what I want but only to the point that it fits in my calories. And if it doesn't fit, then I exercise to earn more calories and I make it fit. B)
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    No. Well.. I TRY not too. And I am proud to say that the delicious and OH so fragrant brownies my daughter made yesterday went untouched by my lips. And they smelled and looked so inviting too! I hovered over the pan making idle threats towards my daughter and described different ways I could take her out without anyone knowing. Her only response was to snatch the delicious goodness away from me and tell me, "NO mom! You are on a diet! Im here to make sure you stay on it!" Then stuff one of the fluffy, cakey, calorie oozing confections into her mouth to drive home the point. The little minx..
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    not possible to cut it all and be happy, imho.

splurge every once in a while, find a way to be thoughtful about when and how you splurge, but learn to love/crave better things.

(sounds simple... but it isn't... I can say it, but I dont really live it... I eat LOTS of junk still!)

Your opinion I presume ;)