Smoke Free 5 Years

Options
2»

Replies

• VirtualMellie
    VirtualMellie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job! I quit cold turkey as well 4 years ago on Dec 24th. This was one of the best things I ever did for me, myself and I! And for those of you fighting for it, I know how hard it is, but your already one step closer! You can do it!!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and congratulations. It's such a tough habit to kick
  • eved305
    eved305 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It will be 4 years for me this March!
  • Lovethesnow35
    Lovethesnow35 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    4 and 1/2 years for me and could never see myself doing it much less going back. Cold turkey for me also. Anyone trying to quit it's not easy. Somehow I got lucky will willpower or something. I put my mind into something else. Something that was going to be way more fun and long term and it worked.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    SV17GT wrote: »
    Good for you. I quit 19 years ago when I found out I was gonna be a grampa for the first time. I honestly believe that battle was tougher than than Nam. Be proud!!
    Good for you. I quit 19 years ago when I found out I was gonna be a grampa for the first time. I honestly believe that battle was tougher than than Nam. Be proud!!

Congrats!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Well done, I quit 5 years ago September gone, used the tablets for the 1 st month and then I was on my own, it's not easy and I still go out 'for fresh air' when I'm having a few drinks but I know if I had a puff I'd be straight back on them :naughty:
  • lkokot
    lkokot Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

It's been 14 days for me since I had a smoke.
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've cut down, a lot, so far.
  • WickedMotivated
    WickedMotivated Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am also smoke free for 5 years in April! Feels great right?
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me in the early days, I smelled a smoker! Two females who smoked walked in front of me. OMG, they were rank of stale tobacco smoke! I never knew how bad it smelled!
  • rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! I smoked for many years but thanks to e-cigarettes I'm now smoke free. I gradually cut back until I was only smoking in the car and now I'm completely off "fire cigarettes". True I do need my vaporizer, but even that I am trying to reduce. I'm using nicotine patches and gradually lowering the nic content in my vaporizer. My goal is to be completely free of nicotine dependence, I hope I can do that within a few months.

Running is my main motivator, I'd say, and of course the cost of cigarettes.

Now... if only I could get my mom to quit. She's under a lot of stress having just lost her husband and smoking is her way of getting away from it all. Still, I really would like her to quit because of the effects on her health.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    One thing that helped me in the early days, I smelled a smoker! Two females who smoked walked in front of me. OMG, they were rank of stale tobacco smoke! I never knew how bad it smelled!

I know what you mean. It makes me sick when I smell cigarette smoke now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!