Starting Today

Options
Heading to the grocery this morning. Any ideas to add to my list would be appreciated. I tend to have a bit of a sweet tooth in the early evening. Need a little something??? Thanks and have a great weekend.

Replies

• mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth, make these! Perfect to eat just one and craving is satisfied.

Also, buy healthy snacks: almonds, string cheese, Greek yogurt, carrot and celery sticks, grapes, etc

http://www.cookingclassy.com/bake-energy-bites/
  • tarynopolis
    tarynopolis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes are a nice, sweet snack :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Buy foods you want to eat/cook with. There is nothing you have to eat (or can't eat).

No - I'm not being "snarky". Thinking I had to eat some things and couldn't eat certain things, was the main reason I used to struggle. Now I just eat whatever I want, and weight management is effortless.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth I would recommend avoiding refined desserts like snack cakes, pies and cookies.
    Instead buy some dark chocolate, dried fruit (like banana chips), peanut butter.

Or if you prefer to make things yourself, look for some simple sweet treat recipes online!
    There are a lot of easy cookie and muffin recipes that contain minimal ingredients.
  • Catsinsocks
    Catsinsocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HALO TOP
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt with blueberries, strawberries and almonds. There are some Greek yogurts that are sweetened with stevia and are pretty tasty.

That's my comfort treat every night. I crave it more than ice cream now.
  • JacTheBear
    JacTheBear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dates are great, just 1 or 2 as a sweet snack
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    Options
    I like to make yoghurt based desserts. For example: a meringue nest topped with plain yoghurt, berries and a drizzle of honey. Like a wee pavlova.

Or plain yoghurt layered with raspberries, honey and toasted oats (you truly have to try this to find out how good it is - it's based on cranachan, which is a traditional Scottish dessert).

You can also add other things like flaked almonds. Any yoghurt will do - I use full fat Greek yoghurt as it's the tastiest and most filling for me.