Heaviest I've ever been

Options
You know that saying that people use when they're about to reach their goal?

"I can see the light at the end of the tunnel."

In my mind it hearkens back to when people would take tans-continental train rides and they would pass under a mountain range hollowed out by dynamite and pure human sweat and industry. Long agonizing hours would go by in pure darkness as they passed under the suppressive weight of thousands of tons of earth above them.

Eventually, in the distance a speck of blessed light would appear and they would cross into clear blue skies and lush green hills.

But right now I'm 280... and my speck of light is the number 300. And while I don't like the weight hanging above me, I'm even more scared of where I'm going.

I'd like to hit the brakes and come to a screeching halt... even it's under this mountain....

But maybe I can have the conductor travel through the long line of stacked train cars, reach that caboose, then reverse this train to destruction? Maybe?

Reverse it and take me to a destination I want. One where there are gentle rolling hills and soft valleys with beautiful blue bodies of water nestled betwixt.

It's late. Why am I up? Why am I googling body fat percentages for a woman my height and age?

Does it matter? I'm fat. I need to lose weight.

I need to lose half of me.

Replies

• trevorw52
    trevorw52 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you have come to the right place. if your ready to make that change get on this site exercise and you will see the results. there's no magic cure the more you put in the more results you will see its a hard road with heaps of hurdles. best of luck on your journey i know you will succeed.if you need friends drop me a invite
  • DrTrushna
    DrTrushna Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is the first step. You have already begun your journey :smile: All the very best. You are going to get there!
  • NanP135
    NanP135 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You have to just take it one day at a time, start logging and weighing your food. It is amazing how much you can eat with the right choices. You did not get to this weight overnight and as much as we want to lose quickly it will take time and dedication to lose weight too...you can do this
  • LubGunther
    LubGunther Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I so relate! I feel so overwhelmed by the amount of weight I need to lose.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    LubGunther wrote: »

Personally i never put into MFP my eventual goal weight as it's too intimidating! I tend to put in 14lbs at a time-it feels so much more achievable and i always feel great when i exceed it!
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    LubGunther wrote: »

Personally i never put into MFP my eventual goal weight as it's too intimidating! I tend to put in 14lbs at a time-it feels so much more achievable and i always feel great when i exceed it!

I've been on MFP for 4 years, though I've never checked in on the community. Would go down 40, then up 50.... Down 40 again, then up 50 again.

I've never put my real goal weight either. Afraid of... something.

Now I put it in. 140.

Thanks everyone for their support!
  • EmilyJZ
    EmilyJZ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm very much a yo-yo dieter. I'm primarily on mfp now to monitor my food intake. When I try to do it all at once I quit. So this year we're starting with food. When I learn to manage my food, we're moving to exercise, etc. I'd love to be a support buddy if you need another.