I know it's only been three days but I am GAINING. HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• getoffin1year
    getoffin1year Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how active you are but 2000 seems sort of high for a calorie deficit. And if you're still eating 2000 worth of high sugar it won't progress you as well as making sure you're focusing on protein IMO.

not necessarily...

weight loss is calories in/calories out - so if 2000cal of sugar is still less than her daily calorie needs, she'll lose weight

I didn't say she wouldn't.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how active you are but 2000 seems sort of high for a calorie deficit. And if you're still eating 2000 worth of high sugar it won't progress you as well as making sure you're focusing on protein IMO.

not necessarily...

weight loss is calories in/calories out - so if 2000cal of sugar is still less than her daily calorie needs, she'll lose weight

I didn't say she wouldn't.

you said she won't progress as well...if she keeps below her daily caloric needs, she'll progress...well is a subjective term...

how do you define well?
  • janetterdz93
    janetterdz93 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    STAY AWAY FROM THE SCALE GIRL! Take measurements of every angle of your body! You are going to drive yourself insane and into a wall because of that scale and you will not focus on what you are actually trying to accomplish here! Good luck and tons of hugs! (P.S after many disappointing weigh in every day, I got tired of the sadness it would give and I threw that thing out the window, and I now do my weigh in ONCE a week (even at that!) at a scale distant from home and only charges me 25 cents lol!)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how active you are but 2000 seems sort of high for a calorie deficit.

I'm at 1900 and losing, so it's possible to eat that much and still be at a deficit.
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    2000 isn't high for a deficit. I plugged in to lose 1.5 pounds a week and I still get 2180 calories per day before exercise. All depends on your weight, height and where you're going.