What's the best thing?

Options
What's the best thing to eat in the mornings?

Replies

• daves05
    daves05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's a little vague. Are you going to be watching TV or working out?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    What's the best thing to eat in the mornings?

Whatever you enjoy and fits your calorie budget.

Personally, I don't eat breakfast because I'm not hungry until later in the day, anyway. :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sometimes I'll have a yogurt. Sometimes I'll have a cookie or snack cake. Usually I have nothing but black coffee til 1:30 or 2. Lots of people can't do without breakfast, though. If you're one of them, expiriment to find what keeps you satisfied the best.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Everything.... nothing... whatever works for you.... we can't answer that.
  • faithrainbow1
    faithrainbow1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating brown rice with lentils and a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt on top.

Other days I'll fry two eggs in bacon grease and toast a piece of whole grain bread with a pat of butter.

Whatever you like is fine, as long as you track it accurately!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Had steel cut Oatmeal with banana, blueberries and strawberries.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Whatever you enjoy for breakfast.
  • dfc4
    dfc4 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is an almost unanswerable question. i do IF so i dont have brakfast, my firt meal of the day is about 12:00

Today i had about 300 gramms of mashed potatoe, 3 eggs & 4 slices of wholemeal bread with cream chese & marmalade.

It sounds like a lot but after 20 hours of fasting & a 1 hour very intensive traininig it was the "best thing" for me.

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Found a great slower cooker recipe for pear and ginger porridge cooked overnight, tomorrow, might be back to cereals as back to work
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    3 pieces of bacon, 150g pan fried potatoes, 2 seconds of pam spray and 15g of ketchup along with black coffee.

Anyone who says different isn't serious about weight loss/health/teeth/bowel movements etc.

Seriously, no best thing. Above is what I felt like today so I had it.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I love starting the day with something sweet, like chocolate.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    dfc4 wrote: »
    That is an almost unanswerable question. i do IF so i dont have brakfast, my firt meal of the day is about 12:00

Today i had about 300 gramms of mashed potatoe, 3 eggs & 4 slices of wholemeal bread with cream chese & marmalade.

It sounds like a lot but after 20 hours of fasting & a 1 hour very intensive traininig it was the "best thing" for me.

If you do IF like this, does your lunch count as breakfast? Or are you having brunch every day? In which case, are waffles compulsory?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    dfc4 wrote: »

If you do IF like this, does your lunch count as breakfast? Or are you having brunch every day? In which case, are waffles compulsory?

On my IF days recently, I've been enjoying a breakfast burrito. Fried mushrooms, scrambled egg, bacon, fresh tomato. Delicious! Keeps me going forever too.
  • meredithdelcastillo
    Options
    Love me some avocado toast
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Gravy biscuits, cheesy eggs, and buttered grits.

That's the best. Not calorie wise. But the best! ;)

Eat what you like, that fits your goals. Want a piece of fruit? Eat that, if it fits. Want a cheeseburger? Eat that, if it fits.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Your preference - make it your biggest meal of the day or skip it or anywhere in between. You can eat literally anything - as long as you are still eating to your calorie goal when the entire day is done.

I had a great breakfast this morning. 75 grams of leftover french fries (Cheesecake Factory birthday celebration) , cut in half and tossed with a seasoning mix from Penzeys (love their stuff). Heated in a sauté pan over medium heat in 1 tsp. olive oil. After a few minutes of heating moved the fries to the edges of the pan and put an egg in the middle. Cooked egg to over medium and then put it all in a bowl. Yum.
  • scarlett624kh
    scarlett624kh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Coffee with a little milk and a Sudafed.
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my fave meal of the day. It's easy to prepare because I love cereal so I have cereal or blend a banana into a cup of milk.