Candid Photo Confessions

Options
So here's a fun fact about avoiding the camera for years. When you get to the point where you want to post progress pictures, you will have to scavenge friends' and family's Facebook albums, old phones and computer files and you may resign to using the same before photos over and over because you can't find that many! Take progress pictures! You will thank yourself later.
Stats for those who want them:
H: 5'7"
SW: 277
CW: 188
GW: Who knows? I have goals besides just weight. Mainly maintaining a healthy BMI range. But for the heck of it, let's say 145. That's subject to change.
Time it took: February 2016 to now. My health is a constant work in progress. New Year's Resolutions only work if you stick with them :)
What I did: I managed my calorie intake and got my *kitten* off the couch. Figured out I actually don't hate exercise. What I really hate is the person I become when I'm not taking care of myself. I mix up my workouts a lot because I get bored easily. Currently I do Yoga, BodyPump, Kettlebells, Zumba and Spinning. Formerly I included Kickboxing and running. Honor who you are today! It may change tomorrow. This year one of my goals is to start Strong Lifts 5x5. I suspect I may not ever stop lifting heavy once I start.
Happy New Year, everyone!

Easter 2015
nMgs5oO.jpg
Easter 2016
5aaagDS.jpg
July 2016 (Down 40# and super proud of my progress, nothing like a candid photo reality check)
5r6JrK9.jpg
September 2016 (First 5k!)
6eVKmmX.jpg
Christmas 2016
81NFWK1.jpg
Ew7OXlr.jpg
Aaaaand here are some side by sides in action.
GPrhLyS.png
6ZpRrA5.jpg
G2LJ46J.jpg
YRac92H.jpg

Replies

• 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amazing amazing work!!!!!
  • JenM261
    JenM261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Good for you. You look amazing
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well done you! I can totally relate to the whole "no starting pic" situation. There is no photographic record of me. Anywhere. Hadn't allowed my photo to be taken in more than 5 years
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! I'm so inspired by you, you stuck with it for almost a year. I'm about where you were a year ago. I hope to progress as you have. Great job
  • dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow , you should be very proud ! Great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look so happy!
  • mbgreene
    mbgreene Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And so healthy! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look so good!! You should be proud of yourself!! Thanks for sharing - it does help those of us that are not there yet :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Very well done! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!