Peer support for loosing 100 pounds in 2017

Options

Replies

• Anamaere
    Anamaere Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    heck yes! I'm in and always happy to offer support! Please add me also. I have 100lb to lose and i want it GONE for good! Started working on myself a week ago :D I'm turning 27 this year and I have things to do when im done making the new me!
  • tolae2006
    tolae2006 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 95 pounds this year
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Heya. I'm 25 y/o and hoping to lose 100 lbs this year, as well. I lost 22 lbs in the past 2 months, then made the decision to re-join MFP in early January because I honestly love the control counting calories affords me.

Feel free to add me!
  • Heidy1992
    Heidy1992 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me i need the support and would love to support you on this journey
  • loseweight4good2017
    Options
    Currently 31 and on the road to lose over 100 pounds... would love to have new friends on here to help me achieve my goals!!
  • Shawn_in_OKC
    Shawn_in_OKC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Pixie_95 wrote: »
    Hi!

I have struggled with my weight for many years now and I will be turning 30 in 369 days and I am looking to loose 100 pounds before I enter my 30s. Would appreciate anyone who would like to join me on my journey to give support and motivation to each other?

I need to lose 100lbs
  • EmilyJZ
    EmilyJZ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Open to any new friends! I am 31 and have about 150 lbs to lose.
  • livvy0606
    livvy0606 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Would love some new friends to encourage one another. I've been on this for a bit and have lost 55 pounds so far. Got another 50 to go! Xxx
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello! I also have 100 to lose. You are on the right track to do it now, rather than wait until 50 is around the corner, like me. Please add me
  • dkayser1962
    dkayser1962 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have my "double-nickle" birthday this year (55), and am looking to lose around 160 to 170 lbs over the next few years. Though I would be thrilled with 100 lbs lost this year, I would be happy with 50-60. It's harder than ever to lose the weight, due to several injuries and health issues. Could really use support, and am glad to help support others. Please add me to your group, as well.
  • work_to_achieve_it
    Options
    Hi. My name is Cindy. I'm 33 and I too have a goal to lose 100 pounds this year. I'm not new to mfp. I'm 2012, with the help of mfp, I lost 70 pounds. I know I can do it again. I want to be healthy and fit by 35. Feel free to add me.
    Username: work_to_achieve_it
  • Jstkeepswimmin
    Jstkeepswimmin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me!, I have the same goal!
  • dannie237
    dannie237 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's my goal for this year! I've kept saying I would start the next day but then I kept pushing it off. No more waiting. 2017 is going to be my year!
  • NuMi2018
    NuMi2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Looking for more friends for motivation, inspiration and support! I have 200lbs to lose, but looking to lose at least 100 of that during 2017! Please add me, and let's do this together!
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm 32 and have about 100lbs to loose. Add me
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Please add me.. I'm 33 & need to lose 106 pounds
  • ThoughtfulWreck
    ThoughtfulWreck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you made a group, please add me! I would love to be apart of this!
  • kgmqt
    kgmqt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I turned 44 two weeks ago and am looking to lose 100 by my next birthday.

I have made two major changes - diet and exercise. Yeah, I know, that is what everybody says you need to do. On the exercise, on day one I did a 30 minute elliptical workout, somewhat easy. My machine has a calorie counter, and every day I just add 1 more calorie to the workout. It amounts to 5-6 strides on the machine. It is a slow increase, but after two weeks it is already noticeable.

On the diet side, I track everything I eat here. No cheating - every snack, drink, second helping - everything. I now look at food as if it is hard to log I don't eat it. I also moved over to a low carb, high fat diet. Here are two sites that are complete success stories - http://www.eatlowcarbhighfat.com/ and http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231438. These are both very good success stories of how to lose a lot of weight and not have it be a struggle.

The last thing, do not let one mistake derail your entire effort. I had a couple of 'off limit' foods on New Year's Eve - I had small portions, I logged them, and started over the next day. Don't quit! Just pick up where you left off.

• sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Pixie and everyone else. I'm 42 pounds into a 50 pound weight loss over about 10 months. I have been doing it a little slower than Pixie's goal, but more or less on track to make it by my birthday next month. I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck with your weight loss journey. Lots of people on MFP have lost 100 pounds and more. The key is small, sustainable lifestyle changes--appropriate daily calorie deficits, daily physical activity, daily self-care, and a whole lot of persistence.

Focus on those small changes. Each one is a success and a gift to yourself that contributes to your long-term health and well-being. Each day you meet your calorie target (or even just eat less than maintenance), each walk taken, each bite of dessert skipped, each meal logged, ... every one of those is a success. Celebrate each one. If you make them a habit, the weight loss will happen.

There will be days when it all seems like too much. Just do your best, really your best, and know that you did what you could each day. You got this.
  • aka62792
    aka62792 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am trying with my Heart ❤️ and Soul