How to stay fit without regular exercise

Can a single person stay fit without regular exercise, like me i can only exercise 1-2 times per week because of to much busy

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Probably depends on your definition of 'fit'.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    lizery wrote: »
    Probably depends on your definition of 'fit'.

Ultimately this.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    You're kidding right? That's like asking if you can be a pro football player but go to practice once a week.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    You could stay pretty fit (although agree that it depends on the definition of fit) exercising 2 times a week, but it'd be very dependent on just what that exercise was. For example if you did a 10K run mid-week and a 100K cycle ride at the weekend that'd keep you pretty decent.
  • leanneclarke2012
    leanneclarke2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Im a mum of 2 and my life is so hectic. There is also no Gym or fitness class in my area. Once my eldest goes to bed a 7pm i kick my partner out the living room and do my work out dvd :) cant you do anything like this?
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    You can be healthy by all means, you just won't be as fit as you can be.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    A lot depends on your non-exercise activity, if you have a very active job/lifestyle your base fitness will be better than someone sedentary.
    Most of my adult life (mostly office work) I worked on the very rough rule of thumb exercising three times a week saw fitness improvements, twice was maintenance and once was declining fitness.

"Fit" encompasses a very broad spectrum and really needs to be qualified.
    As stated above not as fit as you can be describes it well.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    everyone seems to be busy.

Exercise doesn't need to be going to the gym, studies show those who fidget at their desk burn more calories than those who just sit still. Take a good long look at your life and work out what your priorities are and whether you really are as busy as you think you are (hint - it's not a busy-ness competition)