LCHF

Options
Low carb high fat has anyone had success with this diet. Any advice

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself WHY you are considering low carb.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

The above group is where most of the LCHF people hang out! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes & no

I lost weight using low carb, but it taught me nothing about my eating habits that lead to my being fat. So I regained all the weight back. If you don't plan on using low carb for maintenance......develop a separate strategy for that......before you get there.
  • champions20
    champions20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    buf4rn59 wrote: »
    Low carb high fat has anyone had success with this diet. Any advice

I swear by it, I also joined the Diabetes UK Forum which was invaluable when starting out, they even have a low carb program you can follow. The health benefits are great.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yes, it works if you are in a calorie deficit. So will lots of other ways of eating as long as you maintain a deficit.

Like a poster above said, WHY do you want to do this? I eat LCHF, but I also plan to eat this way for the rest of my life. I am diabetic. I would rather eat less carbohydrates and get off diabetes medication. It's a personal choice. If you don't plan to eat this way for the rest of your life I fear that it might not be the right path for you. This journey is about sustainability. What is going to work for you when you hit maintenance?

In other words, there is nothing "magical" about LCHF unless you have a medical condition. If you eat this way now, plan to eat this way in maintenance.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    You'll get the same results just eating at a calorie deficit and not crave carbs enough to binge eat an entire pizza....