Options
2»

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    In a blender:
    Fill with ice cubes
    Pour 3/4 of the way full with coconut water (about 2/3 to 3/4 of a liter)
    Fill the rest of the way with GOOD tequila
    Add the juice of one large lime (or better, two or three Key limes!)
    Add agave syrup to taste - start with a couple of tablespoons and adjust accordingly, after blended
    Blend to the consistency of a Slurpee.
    Remove your clothing and drink. Or vice versa.

If you measure and enter ingredients in MFP > Recipes, it should come out around <100 calories per cup (236 ml) serving.
    Log it.
  • ieroen
    ieroen Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Alcohol is TOTALLY fine, it just has to fit your diet allowance. Your calorie budget is your playground. I just choose wisely, because certain alcohols will play a little nicer than others. ;) For example: if I drink beer, I'll drink light beer in the general range of 100 cal. If it's wine, I'll stay away from red, but instead pick a dry white wine of around 90 cal. And more usually for casual drinking, I'll stick to my favorite - single malt whiskey, which is about 70 cal.
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I continue to drink, I'm a vodka guy, while loosing weight. I continue to loose, but no notice it is slower. I try to make sure if I drink, I have healthy snacks around...like grapes, or else things can get bad real fast :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Yes, to alcohol for me. There are plenty of people who regularly drink alcohol and are not overweight. I was one of them, then I wasn't, now I am again. We can eat drink and be merry while still being healthy.
  • Mayesy23DAZ
    Mayesy23DAZ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've decided to not touch a drop for a whole year. I'm surprised as anyone about this as love a wine!

I'll let you know if it makes a difference!
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I LOVE craft beer and I am not leaving it, I do have less, only on some days and watch closely anything else I eat that day. Junk food can go to hell but not my precious craft beer!!!
    Certainly not on weekdays cos I read that it slows down fat oxidation, so yeah, tomorrow I'll have few yay!
  • Lisa_ASD_Mummy
    Lisa_ASD_Mummy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I never decide not to drink but I am not really a drinker anyway, I can go weeks or even months without a drink without thinking about it, I have been told that you are better drinking something like a Gin and slimline tonic if you drink anything due to calorie content, but I don't like Gin so would have a glass of wine and just count it if I was going to have anything. A bottle of wine is between 500-750 cals depending on its strength as your body processes alcohol as sugar.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I used to make it fit my macros and calorie budget. But when I completely cut it out, I see more progress during that time. I love wine, but let's be real, I'm not pouring a 4oz glass and having one. It was more like a 8oz glass and I'd have 3.
    As someone mentioned above, your body stops processing food, and starts to break down the alcohol.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I try to limit because the alcohol I like is high in calories. So usually maybe twice a month or so, on those days I usually go over with my food log
  • MalloryK214
    MalloryK214 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kimerfy wrote: »
    My biggest downfall!!!

same here. i can't drink and reliably lose, period.and i have 50+ to lose-that i am commited to cutting, finally, so i just ain't gonna.
    but at 25# down and at goal i plan to get *kittened* up i think. just briefly lol. Gonna get my hair done too. :D.
  • VodkaAddictx
    VodkaAddictx Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My biggest downfall!!!

same here. i can't drink and reliably lose, period.and i have 50+ to lose-that i am commited to cutting, finally, so i just ain't gonna.
    but at 25# down and at goal i plan to get *kittened* up i think. just briefly lol. Gonna get my hair done too. :D.

You go girl! Why not treat yaself x
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    For me, Alcohol is a sucker bet.

I understand why others drink ... I just don't like it.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    it's a personal thing. If it puts you over on calories or you notice you eat a lot after you drink I'd consider it a sabotage. If you fit the calories in and can stick to your plan otherwise, it's fine.
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    While I don't tend to drink as much beer (good, craft beer) as I once did, it's more because of other issues, not weight loss. I do still frequently have a glass of red wine at night, and have no issues having some drinks (wine, beer, or cocktails) with friends. I may try to get a few more calories burned to give me more wiggle room if I know I'm likely to imbibe more on a certain day (example, I have a birthday party to attend at a winery this weekend. I'll probably be sure to add an extra walk or some yoga or SOMETHING into what I already have planned for that day).

I am more successful if I don't cut things out. I still have room for my sweet tooth and my love of booze. Im losing weight and I don't feel deprived.
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome link for low calorie and low carb beers! I love Michelob Ultra! I am a beer girl, so this was important to me :)

http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-drinks/15-bikini-friendly-beers
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just count it and fit it in.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Miz_T wrote: »
    As one who subscribes to IIFMM, I make it work. I've lost...and gained on alcohol. Just watch your intake.

What is llFMM x

She might be referring to IIFYM. It stands for If It Fits Your Macros and it is basically the concept that you can eat anything that you want as long as you are within your macro limits, and calories aren't quite as important as the number of carbs, proteins and fats, although they are still important. There is a website www.iifym.com that has come calculators on it that can help you determine what your calorie and macro goals should be.

You can get some more general information about it at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/your-complete-guide-to-iifym
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Some thoughts:

- Your BMR reduces as you age, thus you have fewer calories to play with.
    - Some people have very low calorie requirements to start with (e.g., smaller women)
    - Alcohol gets harder to metabolize as you get older.
    - Alcohol reduces your judgement, including your ability to eat and drink rationally.
    - Alcohol itself has little nutritional value
    - Alcohol and wine are no better for your heart than many non-alcoholic drinks (e.g., pomegranate juice or tea)

In general, I think abstaining makes it easier to lose weight, so that's what I do. If you are sticking to your calorie restriction, you can't drink all that much in any case!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    this is what i do, expect i use the zero calorie marguerita mix-jose cuervo and use water instead of coconut water. I will have to try yours...sounds wonderful!...
    In a blender:
    Fill with ice cubes
    Pour 3/4 of the way full with coconut water (about 2/3 to 3/4 of a liter)
    Fill the rest of the way with GOOD tequila
    Add the juice of one large lime (or better, two or three Key limes!)
    Add agave syrup to taste - start with a couple of tablespoons and adjust accordingly, after blended
    Blend to the consistency of a Slurpee.
    Remove your clothing and drink. Or vice versa.

If you measure and enter ingredients in MFP > Recipes, it should come out around <100 calories per cup (236 ml) serving.
    Log it.