Update

Options
I promised to post my weekly weigh-in so here it is. As of this morning, I have been recording in MFP for 64 days. I currently weigh 251.5 and I'm down 18.5 lbs. I'm kinda embarrassed to be putting this out there as I never tell anyone what I weigh and at 5'6" it is too much. I'm scared I won't be able to lose enough to get my hip surgery because I can't exercise. Even with my progress, I feel overwhelmed with the 20-30 pounds I still have to lose.

Replies

• eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    that's amazing!!!! keep up the good work and try to not get discouraged, its HARD to lose weight and even harder to do it without working out, you should be proud of where you are! you got this <3
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Good weight loss, don't lose faith, stay within the calories and it will keep coming off. Thats what I'm doing, I don't eat back any of my calories burned . But if I do have a day here and there I can if I am hungry so I save them. LOL
  • farrell16
    farrell16 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of losing over 18lbs... keep up the good work. Certainly exercise would help accelerate your goals but with an injured hip it does make things challenging. One suggestion I have would be swimming even just casually, the buoyancy of the water lessens the impact on the joints but swimming is a great way to burn calories. Maybe worth a shot?
  • Shawn_in_OKC
    Shawn_in_OKC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I promised to post my weekly weigh-in so here it is. As of this morning, I have been recording in MFP for 64 days. I currently weigh 251.5 and I'm down 18.5 lbs. I'm kinda embarrassed to be putting this out there as I never tell anyone what I weigh and at 5'6" it is too much. I'm scared I won't be able to lose enough to get my hip surgery because I can't exercise. Even with my progress, I feel overwhelmed with the 20-30 pounds I still have to lose.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • dahlgrenmad
    dahlgrenmad Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm finding my toughest challenge is to avoid stress eating. I'm over calories for today but I have them set lower so I'm not too bad. I can't tell you how much having you all out there helps me. I finally feel like I can talk to people who understand how difficult it is to lose a significant amount of weight and who want for themselves what I want for myself - support without judgment. I know some days are going to be more difficult and when my hip hurts enough to bring me to tears, my "old brain" says eat something, it will make you feel better. My "new brain" isn't always loud enough or strong enough to talk over the "old brain" so I start feeling sorry for myself and the downward spiral into being depressed begins and it seems so daunting. I'm really buoyed by your comments and support. Thank you. I hope I can return the favor.
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats!