Fat clothes??

Options
rachietuk
rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
what are you doing with your fat clothes?
I was thinking of moving them to the closet in the spare room. Keeping them just incase.
But is this a bad idea? I don't want to go back to that size.

I think I have answered my own question. I am going to donate them. I WILL not need them again.

Replies

• TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    Yes, definitely donate them :smile: you won't be needing those anymore! :heart:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I went shopping the other day and bought myself clothes that will fit me better when I lose more weight! I will lose this weight! WE will lose this weight! Good job!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Find a homeless shelter or maybe a good neighbors type program to donate them to. We have a good neighbors program at our church and they are always looking for plus size clothing.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I gave mine away once before and gained all the weight back unfortunately...but I'm hoping to sell my nice ones on ebay and the rest at a yard sale this time around because I refuse to be this size ever again!
  • vintagefool
    Options
    Absolutely donate them. Having "fat clothes" just in case is a bad idea... if you have nothing to wear at your biggest size, I think you'll be more motivated to keep the weight off. If you slip up and all your new clothes start to feel a bit too tight it can be a great incentive to start being good again :wink:
  • brendaleentjes
    brendaleentjes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have answered your own question. I have enjoyed being able to clean out my closet every so often. I have donated or thrown away my old clothes depending on the condition of them. I also have been shopping at used clothing stores to save money while I continue to lose weight.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I still have mine in the closet...probably donate them :drinker:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping the next size up only because my weight has always fluctuated by about 10 lbs. I just can't seem to maintain any steadier than that. But anything bigger than that should be donated. :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Clothes Mentor or Plato's Closet in your area?

This is a resale shop that buys your clothes outright (if they are current, within 3 years). They saved me immensely while I was losing weight!

I started there when I went down the first few sizes -- they bought all my old size 22/24 clothes and I used the money to buy new 18/20 from them. Then I resold those, bought 16, 14, 12, 10 -- and now I just shop there all the time! I make sure to get rid of anything that doesn't fit because then I cannot say "Oh well, if I regain all my fat clothes are in the basement!" --- I never want to go back there.
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I donated all of mine to the American Rescue Workers--I decided I'm never going back to that size again! :bigsmile:
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've got a bag slowly being filled. I donate lots of stuff including clothes to the V. V. A. You call them and they come right to the front door and pick up goods on my porch.
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    goodwill, salvation army...
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    definetly get rid, donate them to a good cause to easy' to slip into comfy clothes this i know from experience. i think next week my plan is to empty my clothes completly think i have from size 16 to 24 (uk) in my closet.
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    get rid of them, get rid of them, get rid of them! If you gain a few pounds back believe me it will encourage you to get back on track. You WILL NOT want to go buy bigger clothes again. BUT! If you already have the bigger clothes to go back into you will just put those on and keep on the self destructive path your on... I KNOW THIS FROM MY OWN PERSONAL SELF DESTRUCTION PATH!

*you could have things taken in as well if you have some REALLY nice expensive stuff.

It feels good to say .. OUT with the old you, IN with the new you !!!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm giving them away ... except for a few pieces that I want to try on when I've lost a tonne of weight
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I totally agree...get rid of them. I kept a bag in the closet. Every time an article of clothing got too big, in the bag it went. Between sleepwear, coats/sweaters and outer wear, I've donated at least 7 lawn trash bags full of clothing. to women's shelters and local charities. As I've gone through multiple sizes (with more to come!), I usually get a pair of jeans in black and in blue and a couple of inexpensive shirts per size. These are then given away when the time comes and I actually can see the clothes in my closet!

Keeping "fat clothes" only sends ourselves the wrong message....that IF I gain a few pounds back, then I'll have clothes that will fit. The objective is to send ourselves the message that we will NOT get back to that or those sizes again! Besides, after losing the weight, a good non-edible reward is deserved. Good luck on your journey!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Maybe find someone near you who has lost to the the size you are getting rid off, you can help them out along the way so they don't have to buy "in between sizes". I passed mine on to others losing weight and could use my professional clothes to get them by on the weight loss journey. You might find someone on here or at your local gym???

I did get the OUT OF MY CLOSET!! I've gained some weight back but since I only have 6 and 8/10 in my closet, I HAVE TO GET THIS WEIGHT OFF!!! Or I'll be naked :blushing:

I won't even replace my favorite summer jean shorts. They are taunting me everyday so I will stay motivated to get them back on.

Now I'm just frustrated because it's almost like I've started on a plateau!! GRRRRRR!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    wonderful idea! DONATE!!!
  • kathye85
    kathye85 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I sold most of mine at my yard sale, then gave the rest to women's shelters...didn't have too many yet but that included stuff I just wasn't wearing anymore, so hopefully in the next few months I will have more for them....
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    Get rid of them! I believe if you keep them, you will wear them again. If my new clothes were to start getting tight, then it would force me to realize i'm possibly gaining, and need to get back to basics. I keep one piece that I wore last summer, and occasionally I try it on, and just marvel at my progress.

You can do this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!