I'm ready to come clean about Banks

Options
SHBoss1673
SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
OK, so a few of you on here know that I am actually Banks1850.

I.E.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

I was sent this post

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/37876-what-ever-happened-to

and was so touched that I couldn't NOT say something.

Yes, it's true, I was tired of answering the same questions over and over, and I was also moved to a new position at work which gives a lot more responsibility and with it a lot less free time. So many of my motives were selfish. I never really did stop reading though, and while the site is different from what it was a year ago, I still use and love it.

I wanted to thank all the people out there that sent me notes. And while my job doesn't allow me to be the poster I was back then, I'm still here and still doing great (I'm trying to gain right now, it's actually HARDER then loosing was for me).

For newer people that don't know what I'm talking about ("Who the H*ll was this Banks character anyway?"), I'm just a "smartypants, know-it-all" as my wife would say, that had some strong convictions

But I love the site and am glad to see it's continued success.

My only advice/request of people is this: Our struggles are our own, you may already know how to be healthy and just need this site to nudge you, or you may not have a clue where to begin. What ever the case, please try to research the topics on the site before you ask questions, as in 90% of the cases, a quick search will find you an answer before you repost the same question someone else has.

With my pet-peeve officially sated, :tongue:
I now can say "Love you guys"
and
DON'T QUIT!
There is no defeat, only an extension of the time it will take to succeed!

-Banks...Steve...SHBOSS...err.....whatever, you get my point!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    Options

I.E.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

I was sent this post

Yes, it's true, I was tired of answering the same questions over and over, and I was also moved to a new position at work which gives a lot more responsibility and with it a lot less free time. So many of my motives were selfish. I never really did stop reading though, and while the site is different from what it was a year ago, I still use and love it.

I wanted to thank all the people out there that sent me notes. And while my job doesn't allow me to be the poster I was back then, I'm still here and still doing great (I'm trying to gain right now, it's actually HARDER then loosing was for me).

For newer people that don't know what I'm talking about ("Who the H*ll was this Banks character anyway?"), I'm just a "smartypants, know-it-all" as my wife would say, that had some strong convictions

My only advice/request of people is this: Our struggles are our own, you may already know how to be healthy and just need this site to nudge you, or you may not have a clue where to begin. What ever the case, please try to research the topics on the site before you ask questions, as in 90% of the cases, a quick search will find you an answer before you repost the same question someone else has.

and
    DON'T QUIT!

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I.E.

I was sent this post

and
    DON'T QUIT!

Hey Banks,
    Great to have back out in the open so to speak!:bigsmile: I have to say though, the pic in your AV...ah well, it doesn't much look like the one Kelle put up of you and your wife and friends at a game on a photo thread:noway: :wink: Got any ID?:laugh:

Well your threads have certainly lived on and been great for passing along to new folks, you've been around so you've seen all the bumpin we've been doing!!:tongue:

You've given so much to this site and now to have you pop out to say hello is pretty awesome as well!!:drinker:

All the Best to you:flowerforyou:
    Oh and btw....your posts have lived on and become legendary....you're a great writer and I for one appreciate all the time you've shared writing them from your heart!:happy:

FC:heart:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Why thank you lady! I must say as well, you have done yourself proud on here and in general.
    Congrats on all your sucess, you are "Da Bomb!"

creds, hmm, how bout this sillyness:

me and the wife
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Banks1850/P1210046.jpg

my puppy
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Banks1850/DSC01460.jpg

me in high school (I'm the guy with the ball) "GLORY DAYS"
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Banks1850/football2.jpg

lol I hate myself for posting that last one. I couldn't resist though.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    P1210046.jpg

Hi Banks trying to see your pics

DSC01460.jpg

football2.jpg

love the dogs banks
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    yeah, I didn't want to link them in directly cuz some of those pics are giant, that's why I just gave links, but I didn't voice that so, cool, fine with me. :happy:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you again.

Thanks for checking in

SORRY I PUT THEM UP

SHOULD HAVE MINDED MY BUSINESS!!!!

Kathy
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    bahh, it's fine Kathy, I rather like seeing myself in full glory. :tongue:

LOL!
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I used to read all of your posts and really thought how insightful you were. I was actually wondering where you had gone to as I had quit using the site for a while. I would just go back thru and look for your posts when I would have a question. You were a great inspiration and mentor to a lot of us, even when we didn't have time to reply to posts.

Thank you for coming clean about yourself Banks!

I look forward to hearing what you have to say when you have time to post! Congrats on the new job!!:happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Why thank you lady! I must say as well, you have done yourself proud on here and in general.
    Congrats on all your sucess, you are "Da Bomb!"

creds, hmm, how bout this sillyness:

me and the wife
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Banks1850/P1210046.jpg

my puppy
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Banks1850/DSC01460.jpg

me in high school (I'm the guy with the ball) "GLORY DAYS"
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Banks1850/football2.jpg

lol I hate myself for posting that last one. I couldn't resist though.

Thanks for the kind words!:flowerforyou:
    ahh me thinks the pictures are proof enough...thanks for sharing them with us:drinker: :wink:

FC:heart:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Hiya Banksie!!! 11_2_104.gif
    Glad to hear you're still around and doing so well!!speedmetal.gif
    Congrats on the new position at work :flowerforyou: :drinker:

You've been missed.........blowkiss.gif

I've gotta get to work too :grumble: Sooooooo TTYL! Great to hear from ya! Just wanted to stop in and say hello (I was loggin my calories and saw the heading so I had to say hello.):bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're well - you've been missed. Welcome home! :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, who are you?

:drinker: heehee, the snow must be getting to you!
    Love ya!:heart::flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I'm sorry, who are you?

:drinker: heehee, the snow must be getting to you!
    Love ya!:heart::flowerforyou:

You know you love me.:glasses:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome back dude!:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Though I was one of the special, select people that knew who you were! Yep, I am cool like that!! :laugh: :glasses:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Banksy baby!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I look forward to your sarcasm, er, I mean valuable input in future treads. :wink:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this Banks..

I was one of those who lapsed from the site and came back to wonder where you had gone.

I was disappointed becaue I always found your posts so helpful and supportive, but before I lapsed I could sense your frustration as well.

Do what you need to do to stay healthy (not to mention sane). We will continue to bump your posts when needed for the new folks - just glad to know you are still out there..

Love ya :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

janiebeth
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Ahh, thanks folks, I appreciate the well wishes.

now I gotta go build out VM image with Ubuntu "Gutsy Gibbon" server with MySQL 5, PHP, and Tomcat 6 with the JRE and JDK java packages on it so I can install this messed up new Document Management System on it (OK, OK, I already built it out, but now I gotta re-make the doc mgt system cuz the stupid developer pushed out a broken build yesterday, and I gotta rebuild it. jerk!)

if you didn't think I was a mega-dork before, how bout now?
    :ohwell:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Ahh, thanks folks, I appreciate the well wishes.

now I gotta go build out VM image with Ubuntu "Gutsy Gibbon" server with MySQL 5, PHP, and Tomcat 6 with the JRE and JDK java packages on it so I can install this messed up new Document Management System on it (OK, OK, I already built it out, but now I gotta re-make the doc mgt system cuz the stupid developer pushed out a broken build yesterday, and I gotta rebuild it. jerk!)

if you didn't think I was a mega-dork before, how bout now?
    :ohwell:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :ohwell: I didn't understand a word of that blahblah1.gifblahblah1.gifblahblah1.gif

But you go Banksie, you go!! :drinker: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Dork!! raz.gif

We love ya though :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :smooched:

snickeringg.gif