Best beach body workout for beginners

2»

Replies

• mackie_pants
    mackie_pants Posts: 99 Member
    What I found helpful when picking programs to buy was doing the Beachbody On Demand 30 day trial. It's online and gives you a chance to look over a bunch of programs. Not all of the programs are included (e.g., 21 Day Fix, Piyo) though. I ended up starting with T25, which I love and still go back to from time to time. Lunge squat progression, how I love/hate thee!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Almost all of them have modifications for beginners. If you are into strength training Chalean Extreme is good. For cardio T25 is good. If you like a mix maybe try 21 Day Fix? The new Core de Force is fun too!
  • TAMMY7173
    TAMMY7173 Posts: 32 Member
    I started with Cize and Country heat.
  • amers271
    amers271 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm doing P90X3 too! I started it today.

Insanity is great - but super high intensity. I'd recommend 21 Day Fix or PiYo as a great first program!
  • jayleeskinner
    jayleeskinner Posts: 35 Member
    @TAMMY7173 are the moves in CIZE complicated?
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    I am also doing Body Beast!

Did a round of P90x3 last year and I loved it.

Now wondering what I'll do after this round of Body Beast....
    Gr84cstr wrote: »
    P90X is good, but the workouts were long (45-60 mins). P90X3 incorporates the same concept, but in 30-minute sessions. I enjoyed both and am now doing Body Beast (weight lifting) with some P90X3 mixed in for variety.

• MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Beachbody has their annual membership all inclusive now on sale until end of February. . Ask a coach for help.. great value with this membership it gives you every program plus the new ones coming out in 2017.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    I am doing P90X3 as well:).

Ooooh nice!! Are you loving it????

I love P90X3. Such an amazing program and I am definitely seeing results.

• Gr84cstr
    Gr84cstr Posts: 61 Member
    jvs125 wrote: »
    I am also doing Body Beast!

Did a round of P90x3 last year and I loved it.

Now wondering what I'll do after this round of Body Beast....

Take your favorites from both and make your own hybrid program.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Not BeachBody, but RushFit was/is a very good program, IMO.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Focus T25 is a good workout for beginners as there is a modifier that you can follow in every workout.
  • DaveDR7
    DaveDR7 Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2017
    Well as 52 year old, 250lb, not exercised for over 6 years ........ I'm doing Insanity! Insane, I Know.
    But dietary and other exercising did not work for me, at all.
    So, I'm following the Insanity programme and if I can't keep up, I pause it, I rest, until I get my heart rate back down. Yes this extends the time it takes me to complete a 24 min -41min exercise, the first Fitness Test, took me 1hr 11 mins to complete!!! Lmao
    Just finished day 7, although I repeated the fitness test on day 2 and got 58 mins, so have done 7 days on the trot and rest day to day!
    Still not done the exercise in the time goal.
    My best was today on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit, think it was 30 mins, but did it in 37 mins, I've adapted to my own strength and cardio ability, I do use a HRM and rest if it goes over my theoretical maximum!
    6 days on I hit the 5:15mjns without resting, that's a first for me and a pleasant surprise.
    I know I can continue to burn calories, increase stamina and overall fitness and I'm sure I will struggle on future days, but just adapt and I will revisit them after 60 days or how long it actually takes me to complete if that's 80 days so be it!
    I had hit 8lb loss in first 7 days, but spoiled it with two high carb meals over last 2 days, I needed the energy!
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    For what it'sworth... P90, no doubt.

There's sexier and newer and more popular programs but for your cardio and toning goals, P90 is 100% designed as a baseline fitness program for beginners to create groundwork for future programs. You can then graduate to the P90x's or Insanity or any medium to advanced program.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    I did P90X3 and loved it. I was completely out of shape when I started. The workouts are only 30 minutes or so, but you do have to work out 6 days per week. I lost 30 lbs over the 90 day program. You do have to watch what you eat to lose weight though. At the beginning, I couldn't do 1 push up on my toes. By the end, I was doing 180, and I was able to do plyo push ups. You just have to keep pushing yourself to do the full moves, even if it's just 1 or 2 to start. Keep increasing from there.

Thanks for the info!!! I love p90x but are SO long. Think i may have to check this out myself!! I sure need it!! Thanks again!!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    What I found helpful when picking programs to buy was doing the Beachbody On Demand 30 day trial. It's online and gives you a chance to look over a bunch of programs. Not all of the programs are included (e.g., 21 Day Fix, Piyo) though. I ended up starting with T25, which I love and still go back to from time to time. Lunge squat progression, how I love/hate thee!

$99 for BOD and includes all Beachbody titles including those that will be released this year. I got this and added the channel for free on my Roku. I've watched the programs I am interested in doing and have selected Core de Force and Cize for now. Highly recommend getting the all access yearlong pass!

• HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    I love Beach Body on Demand too. I was looking at a couple off their programs anyway so I went for all access. Right now I'm doing the yoga stretch routines and plan to dabble in the 10 minute workouts and try Chalene Extreme and the country music program. I run it on tv via Roku and on my iPad. I have a ton of workout DVDs but the streaming has spoiled me now.