Dukan diet

Options
2»

Replies

• anastasias30
    anastasias30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it my self but I know someone who has. She lost a lot of weight and fast. I'm not sure if she ended up gaining it back. Probably did. After reading about the Dukan diet I wouldn't recommend it. Just count your calories.
  • mmmkayk
    mmmkayk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago, 2 days in and I'd never craved an orange so much in my life
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I did this a few years ago, yes i lost all the weight but i had no energy, and gained all the weight back and some because its not sustainable.

The only positive thing that came out of it for me was that i cleared up an allergy that i was suffering from. (not sure what im allergic to but pasta is a killer)
  • dfindlay2017
    dfindlay2017 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I lost 16kg about four years ago using this diet. Followed it really strictly and apart from the first week, where I had headaches and cravings, I was fine. I ate enough so I was full, so no hunger. It really works. I am back on it, but in four years, I only put on 5kg. I went from 91kg to 75kg back then, which was my target. It stayed off but in the last year I was not in a good place and I was drinking half a bottle of wine a night and Christmas was just a feeding frenzy. It really works, but you cannot go wild afterwards. I did not stay on it after I lost weight, but I'd have a weight limit in mind. I kept an eye on my weight, so I could have a warning if I reached a red line for me. My wife had done exactly the same, same 16kg loss, same regain, so it can be done and it can stay off. I started on the 30th January this year and have lost 3.4kg so far. No loss of energy, still playing badminton. I feel much better, less bloated. Do it, but do it properly. I have full records of my diet and what I've eaten in the 18 days so far. Not far to go. I want to go lower than 75kg this time, just to 72ish. No big binge afterwards though. :-) good luck.