60, female and fit

Options
I am a 60 year old female who would love to hear from other 60 year old women whose primary reason for losing weight is to be healthy...let's share our stories and encourage one another...

Replies

• goldspaula
    Options
    Hi Pat!

I'm going to be 55 on my birthday. We have 12 grandkids and going on 2 great, the newest kiddo is due in April. :D I am trying to get fit and be healthy and the weight loss is a happy side effect. I have to work for quite a few more years, so they healthier I am the better.

Welcome to MFP, I hope you love it as much as I do!
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :wink: HI I AM 62 Y/O I STARTED MY HEALTHY LIFESYTLE IN FEB. 2010, I WAS WEIGHING 215 LBS., HAVE OSTEOARTHRITIS, MY ENERGY WAS VERY LOW. SO I STARTED USING THE Wii ACTIVE SPORTS, WALKING, RIDING MY RECUBMENT STATIONARY BIKE, AND OF COURSE USING MFP. MY DAUGHTER AND SON IN LAW WERE THE ONES WHO TOLD ME ABOUT MFP. SO AS OF DATE I LOST 27LBS..AND TRYING TO LOOSE 30 MORE..IF U WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME AS FRIEND WE CAN TALK AND COMPARE NOTES, GOOD LUCK TO U

1054310.png

2/26/10 214.6 8/2/10//10 190.0 "GOT LONG WAY TO GO
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :wink: HI I AM 62 Y/O I STARTED MY HEALTHY LIFESYTLE IN FEB. 2010, I WAS WEIGHING 215 LBS., HAVE OSTEOARTHRITIS, MY ENERGY WAS VERY LOW. SO I STARTED USING THE Wii ACTIVE SPORTS, WALKING, RIDING MY RECUBMENT STATIONARY BIKE, AND OF COURSE USING MFP. MY DAUGHTER AND SON IN LAW WERE THE ONES WHO TOLD ME ABOUT MFP. SO AS OF DATE I LOST 27LBS..AND TRYING TO LOOSE 30 MORE..IF U WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME AS FRIEND WE CAN TALK AND COMPARE NOTES, GOOD LUCK TO U

1054310.png

2/26/10 214.6 8/2/10//10 190.0 "GOT LONG WAY TO GO
  • patkendall
    Options
    Good to hear from both of you...it's never too late to make healthy changes! I'm finding this site a great motivator. Keep me posted on your journey. pat
  • ezrunnerp
    ezrunnerp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also in my 60's trying to lose a little weight--seems like at this age it just doesn't want to budge like it used to! I like to run and stay active and am trying to improve my health through healthier food choices.