Spiralizing

Options
chaniess
chaniess Posts: 10 Member
Does anyone have good recipes for vegetables that are spiralised, as I love using my spiraliser and mostly just make courgette pasta

Replies

• CurryStirry
    CurryStirry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got a spiralizer last week and this is the only thing I've made so far and it was really easy and totally yummy.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/246182/chicken-parmesan-with-zucchini-pasta/
  • DearAmbellina
    DearAmbellina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've really only done zoodles. I substitute the pasta and rice with zoodles whenever I can and it's delicious.
  • BobbieInCA
    BobbieInCA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste has a lot of great looking recipes. Just Google skinnytaste zoodles.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The best blog ever - just recipes made with a spiralizer. Her cookbook is fantastic too.
    https://inspiralized.com/
  • ebaysmail
    ebaysmail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look up Ketobetic Aline on you tube..her stuffed portabello mushroom recipe is awesome...
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Are they easy to use? The only reason I've put off buying one is that my hands aren't very good. Not sure I could twist it.
  • chaniess
    Options
    Qskim wrote: »
    Are they easy to use? The only reason I've put off buying one is that my hands aren't very good. Not sure I could twist it.
    I have seen electric ones in shops. I think they are a great addition to any kitchen
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    chaniess wrote: »
    I have seen electric ones in shops. I think they are a great addition to any kitchen

I think my mom's old 70s food processor did that.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Inspiralized has an app and a daily newsletter with a new recipe
  • chaniess
    Options
    A good recipe I tried is, spiralize 2 courgettes, 1 carrot, put into frying pan without oil, stir for short time to keep the vegetables crunchy add handfuls of pine nuts which have been toasted, and 1tsp. of peanut butter, season to own taste. And it's really good
  • Qskim
    Options

Thanks I didn't think there was electric. I'll look into that.
  • Qskim
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »

Its an attachment you can get to your kitchenaid. But much better and cheaper is the inspiralizer from www.inspiralized.com while you are there do get her books.

Cheers I saw that when I looked up electric and it's one I could use I think...def much cheaper. Apologies OP for little hijack.
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have good recipes for vegetables that are spiralised, as I love using my spiraliser and mostly just make courgette pasta

What are courgette?
  • chaniess
    Options
    Courgette is squash in america
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Its an attachment you can get to your kitchenaid. But much better and cheaper is the inspiralizer from www.inspiralized.com while you are there do get her books.

@crazyravr
    If I was to pick up one of her books which would any of you recommend as the first or best one to start out with? Noticed the price on the inspiralizer has dropped quite a bit since I've been to the site last.

Thanks!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Courgette is squash in america

Or zucchini in Australia
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

@crazyravr
    If I was to pick up one of her books which would any of you recommend as the first or best one to start out with? Noticed the price on the inspiralizer has dropped quite a bit since I've been to the site last.

Thanks!

Doesnt matter really. They are both equally good. The second one will have variations of the original. I would just go with the 2nd if I had to choose one. Also get her app and subscribe. She does send out tonnes of very useful tricks, pointers and loads of recipes.

Awesome tips, thanks! @crazyravr
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I spiralize the "neck" of butternut squash (peeled), toss with oil, s&p, roast in a 400F oven 20 minutes or so. Delicious! I like to mix a little Laughing Cow cheese in at the end.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey! If you check out the new Skinnytaste cookbook, Fast and Slow, it's got a lot of recipes that require a spiralizer.

ETA: The author of the book also recommends the Inspiralizer.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Got her newsletter this morning...here's her HSN times for next week:

Even if most of you already own one it'll be interesting to watch for new recipes/ideas!

I'm going on HSN with the Inspiralizer and both of my cookbooks!
    Tune in for the special price, two new colors

To watch me live on HSN, stream live from your desktop or mobile phone here:
    http://www.hsn.com/watch/live

Tuesday, January 24th: 8:00am
    Wednesday, January 25th: 6:00am, 10:00am, 3:00pm

Ali Maffucci
    Founder, Inspiralized

You can stream live from your desktop or mobile phone here:
    http://www.hsn.com/watch/live