Trying to bulk with no appetite

Options
Short back story, I'm 24 5'8" and 126 pounds, I've been this way for about 6 years. I've never tried to bulk or gain weight at all. I've come to realize I was only consuming around 1,000-2,000 calories per day. Yesterday I reached my 3,200 calorie goal (through much effort) but today I have no desire to eat at all so my question is... Is there any tips and tricks for gaining appetite without burning all the calories I'm trying to retain? Do I just eat, puke and keep eating? Am I being a *kitten*? Am I being to hard on myself? Any input would be appreciated, I want to gain weight more than anything and I'll push myself to the limits as long as my health isn't compromised. Thanks a lot!

Replies

• hamshor
    hamshor Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Try to make shakes, with protein powder, full fat milk, peanut butter, oats.
  • hamshor
    Options
    and banana*
  • Lostinblac
    Lostinblac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are easy way and other shakes anything liquid that's good for you and once you start getting the food in you will love it. But when you come to cutting it will be soo hard lol I use to eat everything and anything then when I cut my god I was hungry
  • Lostinblac
    Options
    Also milk is good calories
  • samsonjones5757
    samsonjones5757 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, drinking calories does sound a lot easier than eating them, I think I'll get myself some soda and a gallon of chocolate milk. Once I start eating more every day will it get easier? Will I be hungrier? I used to eat like one meal a day around lunch and sometimes a dinner. (I know that's bad but that's why I'm here) its hard for me to want to eat anything for breakfast or after my first meal. Thanks again
  • Lostinblac
    Options
    Yeah it'll get easier litrally.i use to eat alot bad stuff ready meals at midnight potnoodles were terrible just crap I did it very wrong but yeah I craved food after even when I knew I.didnt need it then when it came to cutting.it was very very hard was constantly hungry now I've leveled out but stick to it your body adapts very easy it's more will power and liquid calories are very easy weight maybe not most satisfying but defiantly works lol I eat alot of tuna in sunflower oil 234 calories per tin but I love tuna lol
  • Lostinblac
    Options
    Also at one point I had for breakfast a energy drink and a nutragrain bar then nothing to dinner for cutting I need 2000 calories to loose 1lb per week I was hitting 1500 lol I've educated myself alot.more but eating small meals a day adds up better also keeps your.metabolism firing all day
  • hamshor
    Options
    yes you will be, because you will gain weight, and your body will " call " you for more calories. Try to get foods high in calories.
  • Lostinblac
    edited January 2017
    Options
    More muscle is more bmr you need.more calories to.fuel your new muscle so calories will.go up but by then you will be in a routine
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @diannethegeek Do you have the link to the thread for high-caloric foods?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Not diane's list but similar in nature.
  • samsonjones5757
    samsonjones5757 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'll post some pictures later tonight and do an update in a few weeks
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

@psulemon's is definitely more geared towards builders, but my list is here (there are additional ideas in the comments, too):
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • mcouey84
    mcouey84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    B-12 can increase your mood, energy and appetite! I've used the sublingual, chewables and at one point was prescribed an injectable when my intake was 6k+/day.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Basically do the opposite of what everyone says to do to lose weight. Basically drink your calories and eat calorie dense foods. Stick with stuff you like eating but try to keep it mostly nutritious.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    mcouey84 wrote: »
    B-12 can increase your mood, energy and appetite! I've used the sublingual, chewables and at one point was prescribed an injectable when my intake was 6k+/day.

damn 6k. and yea, i heard they make celltek in inject-able form