Avocados....

Options
So freaken healthy... but so many calories and natural fat.... /cringe. I wish I could use it for every meal :(

Replies

• marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    not me...I'd have to live on chocolate...lol. Avocado = yuck in my book
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm not into sweets lol I love avo though. My worst enemy is carbs but I've managed to get rid of those. Only veggies here
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You can use it for every meal if you wanted to.
  • FFeric
    FFeric Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If the only two foods were avocado and chocolate, I could still be happy. ❤️

I have an awesome recipe for an avocado chocolate mousse. I'll look for it and post it here when I find it.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Enter Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packs.

(also Walmart Marketplace brand)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I love putting a whole avocado in my salad.....gone are the days.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    More exercise=more avocado= o:)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Have you ever stuffed the pit-hole left behind by the pit with gobs of Nutella? It's heaven. o:)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    not me...I'd have to live on chocolate...lol. Avocado = yuck in my book

Ditto. Never even liked Guac on nachos.
  • southblessings
    southblessings Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat low carb high fat like me and you can have your avocados.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    living in california i think its mandatory to eat them. We go through avocados like crazy. I eat them everyday in one form or another. I pretend they are 0 calories lol!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine uses avocado instead of butter in just about everything but as frying agent (though it is possible to buy avocao oil)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Have you ever stuffed the pit-hole left behind by the pit with gobs of Nutella? It's heaven. o:)

I think my head just exploded.
    Not gonna try it though, in a Years time, I'd have to be lifted out of my house with a fork lift truck!

Avacado halves actually keep quite well in the fridge, wrap the half with the stone in with clingfilm (saren wrap in the US?) but make sure it's all contacting the flesh to exclude the air.
    I have half an avacado every day, but can't really spare the calories for a whole one so keep half for the next day :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I use about 1/4 an avocado at a time. Just wrap it in cling film. If it's brown, so what. You'll live. No one else in the house likes them except me.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I use about 1/4 an avocado at a time. Just wrap it in cling film. If it's brown, so what. You'll live. No one else in the house likes them except me.

Same. In my brief vegan days, they were a necessity.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

That would last maybe 5 minutes in the fridge in my house. Seriously I can't pick one up without people asking me for some of it, and if we buy the pack of five they are gone in a couple of days. One avocado is one serving here, sometimes split between two people. I wouldn't have any idea how to store a cut avocado because they have never needed to be stored.

I used to think I didn't like avocado because I didn't like most guacamole. Too sour, I thought they were sour. Then I tried one, and liked it. I like them savory not sweet - avocado and cheese on a sandwich, or cut in a salad, or next to eggs and toast, or....
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have some avacado sometimes twice a day, though maybe not half of one every time. I did find out that what I was typically using was actually a good deal less in calories than I was recording when I started using a food scale, which means there's a lot more avo in my life now.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Everyone should try a half an avocado (still in the peel) with plain greek yogurt in the pit hole and some honey drizzled on top, FYI.
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    FFeric wrote: »
    If the only two foods were avocado and chocolate, I could still be happy. ❤️

I have an awesome recipe for an avocado chocolate mousse. I'll look for it and post it here when I find it.

You just made my day. Please do! Nom nom...